Auxiliary In Options

Hi,

We used to have an ipod interface connected to the stereo but that was back when Apple used the wider connector style.  Last year I took that connector out and tried putting a connector in that I got from ebay which was supposed to give me aux in capabilities...well it did that just fine but it shut down the navigation and bugged up the HVAC too...my wife was not impressed.  Has anyone had good luck buying an aftermarket connector/harness that smoothly integrates with existing bells and whistles?  All I need is aux in, no need for an Apple plug-in.  I'm also not a big fan of the FM-style converters - I don't find that they sound great.  Any suggestions?

Does the '09 still have a cassette player? If so, you may have a couple options. 

Buy one of those cheap cassette/AUX inputs. Just make sure the device you're playing music from doesn't have the volume up high. You'll have to play around with it to tune the volume for best sound, or you could pop some speakers. 

It's not the most elegant, but it works. I use that, plus a female-to-female 3.5mm coupler (got on eBay for under $3), and a SoundBot Bluetooth kit (found on eBay for under $20) So, for under $40, my '05 RX330 has functioning Bluetooth. I mounted the SoundBot under and to the right of the volume knob. It's right at my fingertips.