94 es300 compatible with 99 camry?

church3229

Hello, I have a 1994 lexus es300, and it has been very good to me.  However, it probably needs a new transmission (doesnt go into 1st gear for some reason, still drives, just takes 15 seconds or so to get to 20 mph. )  Engine works fine.

Today, while browsing craigslist, I found a 1999 toyota camry for $500 with blown motor.

Is the camry transmission swappable with the es300 transmission?  If not, would the engine be swappable?  What transmissions are swappable, I heard I can swap ones from 1992 through 1996, is that right?

Also, one mechanic swears its an electrical issue, the transmission solenoids have been replaces, the ecm tested fine, and the transmission wiring from the ecm to the harness tested fine, and they believe the transmission wiring harness might be to blame.  Where is the transmission wiring harness located?  (I stopped going to the mechanic because I paid $800 for the solenoid to be replaced, only for the issue to not be resolved, and refund was refused, so now I dont trust mechanics. 

tl, dr; is transmission/motor for 94 es300 and 99 camry swappable?  And where is the transmission wiring harness located on the es300?

Thank you.

Hi NIck...welcome to the Forum

I think it may be a whole load of trouble to swap units with compatible electronics without recoding.

Don't know what other members think...anyone done this swap before?

Cheers  Trevor