Large number of suspension repairs

So I bought my 2009 RX350 in November of 2014.  Overall I love this car.  I have always wanted the RX.  I started my Lexus journey in 1996 with a '94 ES300, then had a 98 LS400, but this car is the one I've wanted forever. I like it mainly because there are not too many bells and whistles on it...It doesn't take a computer programmer, or a teenager, to get the radio to work! Took it to the shop Friday because there was a strange noise in the steering when I turned the wheel at low speed.  Come to find out there are all sorts of suspension issues, control arms, rocker arms, steering arms, etc.  This seems like a LOT of suspension repairs for a car that is only 7 years old and has less than 100K miles.  I mean, Dallas streets are like driving in Baghdad, but $4400 worth of repair!  Luckily it's still under Certified pre-owned or I'd be up a creek.  Has anyone else had problems like this?  What can I expect from my next 50K miles as I'd like to keep this car at least another couple of years.

I would say that someone either treated the vehicle like a 4 wheel drive in the boonies or the stealership is looking for the managers new boat payment.  I have 189000 miles on my RX400h and yes I have replaced the shocks, and control arms along with the ball joints, but they were not shot.  I would expect that you will have a happy 150k miles of reliability after those repairs, and yes be thankful they are covered.  Hey good news is your vehicle should ride like new.

We have over 100,000 miles on our 2006 RX400h (purchased in April of 2005) and have never needed any suspension replacements or repairs. Try taking your car to a trusted alignment shop to obtain a second opinion.

The reason I went after new suspension parts is that on a weaving windy road, I found my stability lacking as the shocks showed lack of support.  The Control arm bushings were severely cracked and so between that and the new struts and mounts, the car feels so much better.  The ball joints came with the control arms, a plus, especially at 186k miles. I have had one wheel bearing go bad, but other than that a great auto.  I plan on pushing it till 250k miles before I make any changes... by the way I performed all work listed above.  Not really an easy task on the control arms....

I agree with lenore.

We have 150K miles on our 2009 RX and it runs great.  We did have to replace the front steering rack because of leaking seals (a known problem).  but other than that, everything is wearing well.