Need Help Changing Factory Radio

I'm not a car-techy person, but if you know what I'm am talking about please help. My factory amp is going out and I want to get a new radio. However, no one has the installation kit for it. They keep telling me that they would have to fabricate it to make everything fit.

Can someone please help me on finding a new radio or the spec's or what do I need to do to replace and get a new radio (possibly one that plays MP3s!!)

B)

I'm not sure what pieces I need. I have a 1995 GS300.

Thanks

Cris

I'm not a car-techy person, but if you know what I'm am talking about please help. My factory amp is going out and I want to get a new radio. However, no one has the installation kit for it. They keep telling me that they would have to fabricate it to make everything fit.

Can someone please help me on finding a new radio or the spec's or what do I need to do to replace and get a new radio (possibly one that plays MP3s!!)

B)

Thanks

Cris

Chris, check out ebay for a complete installation kit for an aftermarket unit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=38636 Good luck, naterbug69

I'm not a car-techy person, but if you know what I'm am talking about please help.  My factory amp is going out and I want to get a new radio.  However, no one has the installation kit for it.  They keep telling me that they would have to fabricate it to make everything fit. 

B)

I'm not sure what pieces I need.  I have a 1995 GS300.

Thanks

Cris

Chris, check out ebay for a complete installation kit for an aftermarket unit. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=38636 Good luck, naterbug69

Thanks! Now I'm a bit unsure what I want to do. Circuit City will charge me a lot to install this. Crutchfield doesn't have the spec's for it...but will do the research (I don't know when) but the rep said to call her back if I found out the spec's first. I have someone that will isntall it....so I really don't want to do Circuit City.

With the link you gave me (I saw it and it's a pretty good price) I guess I could buy that and still go get the stereo that I wanted and have the person that installs them to install it for me???

What do you think?

Crystal (yes I am a female who really knows very very little about this...so I need some direction in this area)

THANKS for all of your help!!!

:cheers:

I'm not a car-techy person, but if you know what I'm am talking about please help.  My factory amp is going out and I want to get a new radio.  However, no one has the installation kit for it.  They keep telling me that they would have to fabricate it to make everything fit. 

B)

I'm not sure what pieces I need.  I have a 1995 GS300.

Thanks

Cris

Thanks! Now I'm a bit unsure what I want to do. Circuit City will charge me a lot to install this. Crutchfield doesn't have the spec's for it...but will do the research (I don't know when) but the rep said to call her back if I found out the spec's first. I have someone that will isntall it....so I really don't want to do Circuit City.

With the link you gave me (I saw it and it's a pretty good price) I guess I could buy that and still go get the stereo that I wanted and have the person that installs them to install it for me???

What do you think?

Crystal (yes I am a female who really knows very very little about this...so I need some direction in this area)

THANKS for all of your help!!!

:cheers:

Chris,

you may be able to save or upgrade your Lexus system. I got alot of help from E. Gus mancy. I have a 94 GS300 and he helped me change it to the Nakamichi system from the standard and all is great. it is worth a e-mail, anyway and you don't lose that Lexus dash!

emancy@woh.rr.com is his address.

Good Luck.

John

B)

Thanks

Cris

hey cris what's up. i have a fabricated face plate on my car with a dvd head unit. did you originally want to change out the radio for a new one or because the factory amp is wiggin out? you can keep your factory stereo and change out your amp for a better one. but if you're going to change out your head unit, might as well change out the amp as well because when they connect everything to the new head unit, your rear sub is either 1) not work or 2) have a distorted feedback. i changed out my stereo and amp and let me tell you, that nakamichi sub has way more kick than you think. i have my amp turned down low but the sub still kicks. nakamichi is a great system. Oh yeah hey Leo, I got my car back, but I backed up into a wall. I'm taking it back to the shop to have it fixed again. Oh yeah, I'm thinking about purchasing another car... what do you think?

toyota_aristo_interior.sized.jpg

you can't see the face plate in this pics because my screen is up. i'll post another one tomorrow or something.