Front Driver tire losing PSI

My front drive side tire loses PSI consistently, It is at the dealer for the 4th time and they are doing the same thing to fix it. Seal it and fill it. They say no leak in the tire and "it should be fixed this time" every time. Anybody have an issue like this?

Hi Kelly...welcome to the Forum

I find I get this on one of my cars and it's because the alloy rim is slightly corroded. I now alway fill my tyres with 'Slime' which cures leaks by vulcanising a hole when it leaks air and instantly seals....no more punctures or lost air pressure.

Also, you can fill your tyres with Nitrogen which is more preferable than oxygen for maintaining air pressure in the tyres....although no good if you are losing pressure already.

Let us know how you get on with it.

Cheers  Trevor

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

On 10/18/2018 at 2:02 AM, Sunamer_Z said:

Air is 80% Nitrogen.

good point, but I believe nitrogen molecules are larger than the oxygen molecules which are responsible for the slight drop in tyre pressure....I would agree also with the comment of checking or even better, replacing the tyre valve and if all else fails, fill it will Slime 🙂

1 minute ago, Lexus Owners Club said:

good point, but I believe nitrogen molecules are larger than the oxygen molecules which are responsible for the slight drop in tyre pressure....I would agree also with the comment of checking or even better, replacing the tyre valve and if all else fails, fill it will Slime 🙂

That drop would be so slight that you wont be able to measure it with any consumer grade devices. Yes, the molecules are slightly smaller, but even if what you stated about O molecules escaping easier is true, then wouldnt it imply that you will end up with 100% Nitrogen in your tires automatically by simply keep refilling the tires with regular air (because the rate of O escaping would be far greater than that of N)?

Nitrogen filled tires is a scam. There are legitimate reasons, why you want N filled tires in an airplane or in a race car. But none of them apply to everyday driving. 

I agree with you Anton, although the claims on Heavy Vehicle tyres seem to be backed by good stats but in the whole I believe also that it is over-rated for everyday mainstream cars.

Tyre sealant, however, can save a replacement tyre if the pressure ever drops substantially and overheats the tyre, resulting in the casing being destroyed.