Hi Does anyone experience the audio problem with the GS350? Mine is 2013 GS350 F-Sport. Yesterday when I started my car and turn on my radio. It was fine at the beginning, suddenly the voice went off, the volume button (both panel and the steering wheel) not response, the navigation voice went off too but still functioning, hands free still work but no voice too. (You still can dial and receive the call).  When go to the SOUND option on the muti-media page, you can't choose the option like Left, right, front and rear. Suddenly the radio comes up again. Then keep going on and off!  Anyone has suggestions and advice??

Today I bring the car to the Lexus Dealer and they request to do a diagnostic test ($168.37).  After the test, they found Amplifier Malfunction and recommend replacing the amplifier first (Around $2500) and then checking for other possible malfunctions.  That makes me disappointed and !Removed! off.  How come for a 3 years old car will have is kind of problem without warranty. The test fee is fine for me (no matter) but the solution is pay $2500 to buy the amplifier for them to test and not 100% guarantee that problem will be fixed.  Is anyone can help me for solving that kind of worry!

Thanks, Charles.

Lexus test invoice.pdf

Hi Charles,

I don't think you said if the radio is a Premium radio or a "Mark Levinson". First, with only 4 years on it check the miles as well to see if it's still under warranty.

If it is a "Mark Levenson" it's likely to be the amplifier. The ML product has had a consistent amplifier for years. When it works, it's great.

If you have a standard sound package be sure to look for bad fuses in the front fuse box front left panel next to your left foot. The engine compartment fuse panel is on top of the left fender. The lack of sound, yet still  have other items coming and going.

In my experience Lexus dealers are top draw. Yes their are some excep=tions. The diagnostic fee is dumb.  Just by listening  to the unit they all ready gave you the most probable problems but they want to charge you more for what they basicalyly already did. Heres the problem,..Levinson does not propvide traing to Lexus techs. Levinson be lieves that techs will diagnosis and then instead of the problem, The Lexus people have to replace the whole component. The dealer has no way to repair just the fuse or a short in the nestworl.

OK. My suggestion is to a thouroh look at all fusses. Best to use a volt meter or Ohm meter.

to match the dealer. 

I would also call "United Radio" in New York. This is a crazy good repair house for every thing sound. Other members have used their services. Their on the net.

Let us know how things work out

Paul 

Thank you Paul for your recommendation. My radio amp is PIONEER STEREO AMPLIFIER 86280-30670.  I found one that's used for sale $700+shipping. Maybe I will give them a try. That's one year warranty or maybe purchase an extended warranty on it.  If not working, I will ship it back with full refund within 30days.  Cross my fingers.

Charles. 

IMG_4771.JPG

• 2 years later...

so your car was a 2013 gs350 F Sport and still had the pioneer amp? does your radio say Mark Levison on it? I'm having the same problem but want to make sure I'm looking fir the right parts

• 3 weeks later...

My Is250 F sport 2014. The same problem. Everything works except for volume control. DSP inactive. Treble, mid and bass are frozen, , front, rear left, right, are frozen as well. It is software I think. It came up after I accidentally pushed SOS button in the darkness trying to find light. To me it is class action for Lexus. I’ve read dozens of the same questions in Russian language as well. So it is kind of global problem. I paid today 170$ to a Lexus dealership for diagnostics. They said need to substitute radio. Cost to substitute radio is 2600$. I would spend 500$ for class action and they will fix it for free.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just bought a Lexus rx400h 2006 with Mark Levinson Audio system which had same problem. The person I bought it from said it was working fine till he got the Battery changed. So if your Radio comes on but no volume or volume stays on "0" on display even if you turn the volume knob or steering wheel volume controls then check my steps below.

In my case it was 30amp "Amp fuse" in fuse box was blown. I had a spare fuse that i replaced and radio started working.

Me and all my family members had gone on so many forums to find out the solution for this and here is my conclusions below.

1. You need to check all fuses in fuse box, especially "Amp" fuse then "Radio/ Rad" fuse then someone mentioned "Tel or Tell" fuse.

2. If this happened when Battery was replaced then disconnect the Battery and reconnect (Assume you know basic rules for disconnecting/reconnecting battery...if not quick search on the net will help you) after cleaning the terminals and other connections that are connected with main terminal cables and ensure all connections are firm tight (this has resolved the issue for some people) if you still have the same problem after reconnecting the Battery it might be worth checking out the Fuses mentioned in step 1 again. If they are all fine then...

3. Check Amp cable to see if this is damaged and causing the Battery to go flat. It might be catching ground connection or some other cables and blowing up the fuse. If this is the case fix this issue and recharge your Battery and reconnect it (if your car Battery is new and was replaced recently or otherwise replace it.)

4. If your car Battery is old and going flat often then replace the Battery however you need to figure out why your battery is going flat. It could be that Amp wire is getting earth/ground connection which  could be blowing the Amp fuse .and follow all 3 step above.

5. If you have done all of the above and you still have the same problem then apparently pressing on the left of the radio body has fixed the issue for some. I am not sure where exactly as mine wasn't this issue. On other forums it has fixed it for some people. Apparently hot weather or if radio was pulled out before can cause a loose connection inside the radio (if you are very good at it you can open up the Radio and check all connections inside but you may not have to go this far).

6. If all of the above fails and you are now sure that Radio unit or the Amplifier is faulty then replace them by buying the same from ebay or other places Or resolder circuit board connection in the amplifier/ woofer and radio unite (mostly it is amplifier/ woofer which is in the boot/back of the car) but i don't think you will get to this stage but some people have replaced amplifier and it has fixed the problem and others have replaced the Radio.(your own diagnosis and gut feeling about what might be faulty and depending on what is the cheapest option for you to go with first if you are unsure). If you have have bought one of them and still facing the same issue then buy the other and replace and hopefully you can sort it out and sell non faulty product or keep it, it's up to you.

Oh yeh... check for loose connections in front drive and passenger footwell

I hope this helps others.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem here with my girlfriends 2015 is250 F sport, crafted line with pioneer amp.  I've had a friend that works at Lexus have the service manager send a reset signal ota which got it working again, but for only a short while.  First time it worked around 2 months, the most recent time, only a few hours.  Lexus wouldn't own up to the defect when the problem first appeared, and neither would Lexus's corporate office.

• 1 month later...

I have a 07 gs350 after changing battery no sound from speakers at all I believe I checked all fuses and seemed good it does have a Mark levison amp in trunk... I don't know what to do I don't want to buy a new amp and still have the same problem  like I've read on different reviews so any other ideas would be appreciated.. thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a 2013 ES350, and yesterday the speakers stopped working. The radio still displays as if it is working, but there no sound from the speakers. When I hit the SOS button, sound does come from a speaker, advising me that I am not subscribed to the service. Also, I'm not able to adjust the balance in the equalizer (i.e., left, right, front, back). I checked the fuses and they appear to be fine, and the sound system is getting power. Any suggestions?  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I too have had the same issue with my GS 350 fsport. They changed the radio free of charge but the problem once again happened 2 months later and this time I could not hear my call which in past I could. So today go to dealer for service my radio apparently is fine and the6 say ma6be it’s a phone issue. Hard to believe what BS. Lexus IS one problem after another. Door actuators on all models eventually go and service every 5k is ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2020 at 7:16 PM, Heck630 said:

Yes I too have had the same issue with my GS 350 fsport. They changed the radio free of charge but the problem once again happened 2 months later and this time I could not hear my call which in past I could. So today go to dealer for service my radio apparently is fine and the6 say ma6be it’s a phone issue. Hard to believe what BS. Lexus IS one problem after another. Door actuators on all models eventually go and service every 5k is ridiculous.

This worked for me. Remove the radio from the dashboard to access the power connection. Disconnect the cable that has 2-thick black wires and 1-skinny red wire. Reconnect and see if this fix your issue. This is a hard reset for your amplifier and speakers. 2015 GS 350

• 5 months later...
On 4/19/2019 at 8:18 PM, Lexusowneris250 said:

My Is250 F sport 2014. The same problem. Everything works except for volume control. DSP inactive. Treble, mid and bass are frozen, , front, rear left, right, are frozen as well. It is software I think. It came up after I accidentally pushed SOS button in the darkness trying to find light. To me it is class action for Lexus. I’ve read dozens of the same questions in Russian language as well. So it is kind of global problem. I paid today 170$ to a Lexus dealership for diagnostics. They said need to substitute radio. Cost to substitute radio is 2600$. I would spend 500$ for class action and they will fix it for free.

This is happening with my 2014 IS 350, however, I've paid over $3,500 on two separate occasions and the issue with the radio is still not fixed. The volume fades in and out at different levels.  I'm taking it back to the dealer again, after just picking it up yesterday. This is the second AMP and fourth speaker in eight months. With 15 speakers in the car, at this rate, I only have 11 more replacements at $200/per.

I'm so frustrated...I'd participate in a Class Action.

In this environment, with the price of cars up 25%,  can't even turn it in and buy a new car.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a 2014 Lexus IS250 and the same problem i have, its like there a short and i took it to Lexus too they over charge just to tell you you have to pay more money to fix .... plus i ran into another Lexus owner and he said he radio went out too Lexus your radio system don't last in these nice cars we buy from you and you guys over charge people DONT BUY AN LEXUS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

2014 Lexus IS 350 F sport

I don't understand why this hasn't been a recall with so many people having these issues. I took my car to Lexus this past weekend, they ran all tests and everything came back good. They said they cleaned up the wire connections and when I left the volume worked. As soon as I turned the radio on again, no volume. Now they want me to bring it back to runs more tests and mentioned I may need to change the amp or subwoofer. I tried to take it to other audio places and they said I have to take it to Lexus. I've read more people had to replace the whole head unit to fix the issue. I don't want to have to pay for a new amp and subwoofer just for them to tell me it still doesn't work. Very frustrating.

• 1 year later...