RX450h Backup camera grid lines

BMSKM

I have a 2013 RX450h which for over a year I tried to find in my 1400 page navigation manual how to add the backup grip lines to my backup camera picture. Finally I went to dealership and had technologist try to find it in y car. He finally advised me that I do not have that capability in my software.

I told him that I found that hard to believe since it have been on Lexus models for years. He said certian models did not have it but could not tell me why of which models.

1) Has anyone else fould they do not have this feature on 2013 RX450h?

2) Is anyone aware if there is a soft ware patch or upgrade that could add this?

3) Has anyone ever had 2) done and if so did you use the dealership of outside shop?

Some models have the lines in the backup camera image and some don't.  Some models that have them in some model years didn't have them in other model years.  It makes no sense.

Others have asked but I don't remember anybody being successful at adding the lines to a system that doesn't have them.

• 5 years later...
On 9/25/2016 at 4:19 PM, BMSKM said:

I have a 2013 RX450h which for over a year I tried to find in my 1400 page navigation manual how to add the backup grip lines to my backup camera picture. Finally I went to dealership and had technologist try to find it in y car. He finally advised me that I do not have that capability in my software.

I told him that I found that hard to believe since it have been on Lexus models for years. He said certian models did not have it but could not tell me why of which models.

1) Has anyone else fould they do not have this feature on 2013 RX450h?

2) Is anyone aware if there is a soft ware patch or upgrade that could add this?

3) Has anyone ever had 2) done and if so did you use the dealership of outside shop?