HELP - Filled in diesel by mistake

lexusesuser07

I drive a lexus es350 07. I filled in diesel by mistake and before I could stop i filled in about 5gal. Now the car has 5gal diesel + 4 gal petrol. I drove 1mi after that to get it to my home and planning to tow the car to my local garage and have them flush the fuel system. But that can happen only tomorrow and I am worried about letting the car sit overnight with the diesel in it. Is there a way for me too siphon off the fuel from the tank ? Has anybody done this before on a Lexus ?

lexususer07,

Don't panic! Others have been there before you and its not as bad as it may seem to you.

There are some YouTube videos on just this kind of problem and the end results were not the end of the engine.

Yes, get everything drained out of the tank and fuel lines, change the fuel filter, and do it soon! I would tow the car to the mechanic, rather than drive it, but that's your call, not mine. I think you'll be fine once everything has been attended to, simply because you've caught the issue so early. good Luck!