DEALER LOCKOUT my 2012 IS250 while trying to program new FOB keys.

This is a horror story as it's currently unfolding and I was wondering if anyone has experienced this.

This past Saturday I lost the only FOB key I had for my 2012 Lexus IS250. I looked everywhere and came to the conclusion that we lost it. Early on Monday morning, I had my car  towed the car to my nearest LEXUS dealer  (LEXUS of PEMBROKE PINE, FL) they quoted me $552+ for buying and programming 2 additional FOBs (I though it was outrageously expensive but agreed to it because I had no other option) Two days later (today) after my service advisor told me they had contacted the LEXUS  "MAIN LEXUS SERVICE SUPPORT" I was told that at some point during the programming of the FOBS the computers got lockout and stopped communications with the other computers and that they were advised by "MAIN LEXUS SERVICE SUPPORT" that all 3 computers had to be replaced at the same time to fix the problem.  My car was working perfectly fine when I took it to the dealer. Had no issues other than the lost FOB keys. The dealer now is asking for $4,515 to replace the the I.D. Box, steering LOCK ECU and the CERTIFICATION ECU.  How could they mess up all 3 of these computers that were working perfectly.  ???  I am getting a lawyer and calling the HEADQUARTERS of LEXUS but this is just ridiculous. I think the dealer made a mistake and wiped the computers and now they are claiming that the vehicle is not under warranty but it was perfectly fine when I took it to them.

Has anyone experience anything similar?

• 1 year later...