Universal joint

Gpzyellow

I believe there is a problem replacing the joint, but May I suggest looking up a local drive shaft company and get a estimate from them....They are generally cheaper and know what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently fixing this same problem. the shop i went to wanted 1800 to buy the oem from the local lexus dealership. i only need the front drive shaft. apparently it is a 2 piece section a front and a back that is actually 2 parts. anyways. i found the front drive on ebay that is remanufactured and they even added grease port. its 375.00 but if you send your old part back (free shipping) they will refund you 100.00. so 275. the shop said its a pretty easy job so it will run about 175.00 for labor. after all the dust settles it will run me 450.00 

Good Job Greg2111, I know locally we have a drive line shop that will take your driveshaft and rebuilt it.   Probably comparable in price.  The labor price I assume is in and out. 

• 4 years later...

What were the cars symptoms that you needed to repair?  My RX300 is intermittently swaying.  Replaced all struts, springs, ball joints and front stabilizer links. I was told it might be my U joint. Did any of you have those same symptoms?