Undercarriage Unit Necessary?

That big molded undercarriage piece (apprx. 3 ft X 2ft) that fits under the front of the car came loose while scooting down the freeway then slowly started becoming more undone until it came off altogether (I'm sure the car in back of me wasn't amused). :o

Can my SC survive OK without it?

It's not the sub-frame... It's mainly to stop water, dirt and rocks from getting to the engine.. You'll be fine without it but when it rains make sure you don't hit too many puddles.. I took mine off last year and drove around without it for awhile but it wasn't a great idea because mud, dirt and water flies through there like there's no tomorrow.. I'd try to have Lexus replace it for you whenever you get a chance..

That big molded undercarriage piece (apprx. 3 ft X 2ft) that fits under the front of the car came loose while scooting down the freeway then slowly started becoming more undone until it came off altogether (I'm sure the car in back of me wasn't amused). :o

Can my SC survive OK without it?

yeah, mine scraped off the freeway and only running like half of it being held on with zip ties. my engine is actually very clean for a 93 and my opinion on this piece of plastic is to hell with it. like the last two posts... it's just to keep dirt, mud, and other junk like that from kicking up and for air control... i'm just going to take off the rest of mine. so it's your choice if you want to replace it or not.