Lcd Update

willf85

My Lexus is a 1991 LS400 and my LCD screen has blacked out (like almost everybody else's) The part that is blacked out is the screen in which the climate control temperature and the clock is located. Anybody have any suggestions on what route to take to get this fixed? whether it is sending it in to somewhere or buying a new one...I am up for suggestions. Thanks Fellas....

Willy B)

I have never priced or even looked into repair so I can't tell you how much that will cost. But, both the digital display on my radio head unit and the separate display on my digital climate control module on my Mercedes Benz both went bad. One developed blank lines and the other went black. (That's "German engineering" for you.) The dealer replaced both units (the entire unit) and not the LCD screens.

Based on that, it may be cheaper to replace the entire climate control interface module (especially if you can find a good used or refurbed one). You could also check Lextech Lighting Systems (or something like that). I don't go there that often, but I think they are featured on the home page of the other club.

Check Ebay. There are a couple of people selling the repair kit, meaning the LCD screen. I my self have bought one from EBAY, the seller is remotes4cars AKA Mikado Technologies. Check under "LEXUS LS400 Climate Control LCD display kit". Or there is also a member here that sells these kits, his name is Jim Walker.