Loc Meet For SE Region

I live in Raleigh, NC and would love it if a LOC/BMW/MB came my way. I believe that there are a bunch of LOC members in this part of the country and would like to attend. All in favor of this idea please post here and say YES!! Then all we need it someone to organize it.

Thx in advance.

4.0, what did you have in mind for this meet? Where? When? All of that good stuff! I'd love to drive up to one of the Carolinas! I went to Charlotte, NC a while back, and it was simply gorgeous! :D

Secret Agent 99, you'd have to bring your machine-it just wouldn't be the same! Maybe a few of us that live in Ak, La, Mo, etc. could meet up in Tenessee(seems like a central location to the east) and caravan to the final destination.

Let's get this thing going especially for all of us that don't live up in the NE but would like to meet up with some fellow Lexus enthusiast here on LOC!

:cheers:

Sounds good guys, glad i am getting some suport. Wow, I totally didn't even realize that I typed "SW". Is there any way to change it to "SE"? I would really like the meet to be in NC but then again thats kinda selfish. TN sounds good too. Thanks all for all your support and everything else. Now all we need is someone who has the power to make this whole thing happen. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thx again

1uzfe

start making a list of people, you need a LOT of people to realyl make smth, so make a post with all the people who will come and edit it every time some1 would want to join. follow stiviej example

Secret Agent 99, you'd have to bring your machine-it just wouldn't be the same! Maybe a few of us that live in Ak, La, Mo, etc. could meet up in Tenessee(seems like a central location to the east) and caravan to the final destination.

Let's get this thing going especially for all of us that don't live up in the NE but would like to meet up with some fellow Lexus enthusiast here on LOC!

Yeah, Your RIGHT :lol::lol:

I'd probably bring a bunch of tools and fluids and work on the car at the meet :lol:

Arkansas is best for me, but TN could be doable.............

Arkansas is best for me,  but TN could be doable.............

I just threw TN out as an example. ;)

Anyone want to volunteer to schedule this thing up? I suppose it would be best to pick a location first; then, we can go from there(so that person can go scope places out or whatever). I really wan this thing to happen! :)

I am interested as well. If we are serious, the best option, in my opinion - would be to choose a car show type event - maybe in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. I think Nopi comes through there - (what do you think UCF3?)

If we show up and register, we could compete for best car club and probably win. Lexus Owner's Club in force. But a regular old meet up is cool too. I am planning to be at the Allentown PA event for import extreme with my car club as well if anyone is interested in attending that event. I would be willing to arrange the event but we need to get on it ASAP. Time is not on my side - but we'll see. Give me a few days to a week to come up with something. If anyone else has some connections with hotels or locations - events, please speak up.

I appreciate the interest. Unfortunately, I will have to put any planning on hold for personal reasons at this point...

I may be relocating to Florida. Once that is worked out... I can participate in organizing an event. Please feel free to move on with this idea though. It is a great one and I will do whatever I can to assist.

• 2 months later...

All LOC folks are welcome to join a SE event we've already got setup in late August (8/20 - 22). It's an annual driving / Lexus meet event (this is the third one) in the mountains of NC / TN near Asheville. If you don't have a handling-modified Lexus you're absolutely still welcome to attend - we run a 'safety group' at the back of the drive that drives pretty slow. We will have some faster groups as well - this year we should have at three or four supercharged GS400's (including mine), three turbo IS300s and one turbo SC300.

We have a website setup for it here with a lot of details (click the tabs at the top of the main page on Lexusdragon link below) and have a discussion going on here on CL.

http://www.lexusdragon.com

Only catch is that HIN Atlanta is the same weekend. A couple of folks are going to go to that as well, we've had our event date picked for 6+ months and can't switch it out this late.

Hope some of you can join us! I don't check LOC that often, so if you want to attend either send an email to info@lexusdragon.com or davegs4@clublexus.com .

Some pics from last year here http://www.somniplex.com/gallery/dragon_tail_03_cars?page=1

group_lake.sized.jpg

:censored: I've got school work to do that weekend. :angry: It looks like an awesome meet though. I wish I could make it.

Alright guys, let's carry out the origional post! Let's make a meet. We need a coordinator and a location--ideally the coordinator should live in the area of the meet for several reasons! Any takers?? How about the end of July or early August? It seems like Tenessee or a Carolina is the best--they're kinda central to everyone in the SE. Let's hear some suggestions on the where and when.

Very sorry you can't make it Blake, maybe things will shift around so you can attend :). Even if you can't be there, other folks are certainly welcome to come since we've already have the date and place picked, done all the planning, have discounts arranged, etc! Just make your reservation and show up :).

There are several groups of attendees that will caravan from Florida, Atlanta and NC if people want to join one of those and not drive in on their lonesome.

Very sorry you can't make it Blake, maybe things will shift around so you can attend :).

Me too!! I looked at the beautiful scenery in the pics, and I thought to myself that I had to go to that one! Then, I read the date and I :cries: You guys have a great time out there; hopefully, I'll make the next one!

:censored: I've got school work to do that weekend. :angry: It looks like an awesome meet though. I wish I could make it.

Alright guys, let's carry out the origional post! Let's make a meet. We need a coordinator and a location--ideally the coordinator should live in the area of the meet for several reasons! Any takers?? How about the end of July or early August? It seems like Tenessee or a Carolina is the best--they're kinda central to everyone in the SE. Let's hear some suggestions on the where and when.

I like NOPI Nationals in Atlanta for September 18 and 19. I will coordinate this. I have too much work for August to go down but feel free to arrange something. Just making it known that we wish to make a presence for NOPI and anyone whom would like to join, should. This will involve entering the car for show with Team SOLO/Lexus Owners Club. Anyone whom is interested, please contact me within this week.

Otherwise a meet in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge would be awesome. I'll need to see what I can work before September.

Regards,

AJ

well, i started this thread and i must have totally forgotten about it. this 'deals gap' drive looks like a blast. its something i've always wanted to do. i also like the idea of a private meet in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge with just the people that happen to stumble across this thread. however, i also like the idea of going to NOPI. that would be an experience for sure. it would be really cool to do all 3 meets. something i didn't realize until now is the distance. its about ~7hrs/350 miles from Raleigh to in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge or 'deals gap'. i'm guessing thats probably nothing compared to how far some of you other ppl have to drive. just like blake, i have school then too. August 10th is when i start. unless u guys think we can squeeze in a meet the end of july or early august, hopefully before the 10th.