Aftermarket Lexus GX Wheel Recommendations

Hi,

Recently bough a 2010 GX 460. I got it at a great price, though aftermarket wheels were installed on it. These wheels have a 'truckie' look to them.

I'm looking for some non-replica wheels that have a more refined/luxury look to them. However, the Lexus bolt-pattern and offset do not lend themselves well to this type of wheel.

Any recommendations?

The first image is what is on my GX at the moment. The second is type of look I am aiming for.

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1067.PNG

Hi, perhaps it would be easier for you to go to some physical shop first to have a 'real' look on what's available/compatible. 

I see that 2010 GX460 models which were sold in North America (US/Canada) had two different model codes. However, the database shows that for both, the stock disks are 18" and are similar, you can find more specifications here: (hyperlink). You may also want to check your car manual - there might be some further specs in there.

Though the stock disks are 18", my friend has put 20" disks on the same year model for summer driving and seems to have no issues save for perhaps that he had to buy low-profile 20" tires which are not only very expensive but behave somewhat worse (the issue I also have on my car which has 20") and with his 20" aftermarket disks he says he's never sure if his speedometer shows accurate speed.

One advice: if they put salt or some anti-icing sh$t on roads in your place, DON'T buy disks with chrome coating - in 2 years at most the coating will become such a mess that anyone approaching you car at closer than 10' would be shocked and you'd definitely want new disks (your 2nd picture doesn't seem to be chrome; not sure of the 1st).

• Like 1

Thanks eugene. I have gone to two stores locally. Both stores gave me the exact same 'three' wheel options. DUB wheels can be drilled to match the bolt pattern of the vehicle. They are shipped from California. I live in Alberta.

The other option is to order a luxury line wheel, with the cost of each wheel being $2500/wheel. Not exactly what I had envisioned.

Wondering if the bolt pattern can be changed, the potential viability, and where this can be done.

Hi there,

I've never heard of anyone either changing the car's design bolt pattern (perhaps more costly than buying proper disks) or less of drilling extra holes in a disk -- both are related to serious HSE concerns.

If you've done with 'physical' shops, why e.g. don't you go to Amazon, select your car in their "Auto" section and see what's of compatible disks you can chose from? There should be many 18'' 'simple' (non-luxury) models at the market.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

After some searching, I found a set of 20" wheels on Ebay. Cost me <$800 USD. While they look like the F-sport wheels, they are a touch different. These are made in China however so quality remains to be determined. They were a perfect fit. No Lexus decals were included however and the Toyota decals that come with them feel cheap.

Lexus GX460.jpg

• 4 years later...