oil cooler hose leak!!!! Warning!

i have a 2011 rx 350 purchased new. The other nite wife came home with oil pouring out underneath car. After finding HOLE in rubber section of cooler hose i researched topic to find in my opinion a clear "set up to fail" design which is to make you bring car in to dealer. Replacement is all metal..The fact that my car dumped 6 qts of oil into environment and the attitude of dealer as if this is no big deal was insulting to say the least..Lexus has extended warranty on this matter so i warn you to investigate for yourself. This is highly dangerous to the driver and the engine. My respect for Lexus will never be the same! Car had to be towed into dealer on friday and now they say there is other damage..note: i do most work on my cars (5) and feel it would have been easier to do myself..Lexus should be ashamed!!!!

There was a recall to deal with this known problem.

You should have been notified. I took mine in immediately. That was several years ago. The dealer did not try to pull any "up-charge" tricks.

If the "other damage" is related to the oil line then Lexus will likely foot the bill. If not, it is your choice to accept the diagnosis or not.

I received a recall letter from Lexus and they changed the oil cooler hose to a steal line at no charge,

Dales121 if any damage occurred due to the hose leaking  keep after them to fix the darn issue,

Played golf with auto repair owner who stated many auto makers have this set up. He agreed that if the correction is all metal why wouldn't they correct manufacturing issue. This issue has caused accidents without question. 

• 6 years later...

I have a 2010 RX350 and the oil cooler hose started leaking on me last weekend.  There was probably half a quart of oil dumped on my garage floor.  Drove my car to my mechanic's shop Saturday night and left it there.  He called me Sunday afternoon to say he had my car up on the lift.  He was absolutely aghast at the design of the oil cooler hose assembly and pretty much repeated dale121's original post above.  He had never seen that before. He said I was lucky the oil didn't get on the exhaust system and catch the car on fire.  He had it fixed the next day and cost me just short of $500.