Text message not read out

I have a 2014 ES 350, when I first purchased the vehicle the car use to notify me of new text messages and actually read them out. I had a Samsung Galaxy 4.  I then purchased a Samsung Note 4 and it did the same thing.  It started out notifying me of text messages and also reading them out.  It stopped as quickly as it started.  I took the car back to the dealer on several occasions and their response was to buy an iPhone.  I connected my daughter's iPhone and her phone did notify me of text message and also read them out.  Now her iPhone doesn't do it anymore either.  Is there a problem with my car and the ES 350 doesn't read text messages or notify you new text messages.  My carrier is Verizon Wireless.

Thank you

Buy an iPhone?  iPhone is less compatible with Toyota/Lexus in-dash system text messaging than Android phones!!!  My wife was just complaining about it and said she is going to get an Android phone after she retires and turns in her corporate iPhone.

Have you enabled text messaging in your in-dash system?  If I remember correctly, this must be done before it will work.

• Like 1