Ignition Coils and Spark Plug replacement

I have a 2007 RX 350 My CEL and VSC lights are both on, the codes say all 6 cylinders are misfiring. I took it to 2 different mechanics, both say I need to replace all 6 ignition coils and spark plugs. My question is can I use after market products or should I order parts from the dealer? Thanks for any input.

Hi Dotti...welcome to the Forum !

I would say that possibly if all six coils have shown signs of misfiring then probably best to replace with genuine parts but I would say good quality aftermarket components should be okay to fit as well (Bosch, Denso).

However, Spark Plugs...I would only use the best you can get (e.g. NGK, Champion) as cheap plugs could give misfires and fail prematurely.

Let us know how you get on

Regards   Trevor

• 2 years later...

2002 GS300 poor idle and surging started while driving, stop light had to rev up motor to keep from stalling. Engine light ..VSC light turned on same time. Had battery tested it was bad, that give poor voltage levels to coils. did not fix it error codes. went to Auto Zone. They Auto Zone checked engine light,  the reader gave error codes P0301 to P0306 Misfired detected....  ordered replacement coils. will see if will fix problem. suggested parts... Ignition coil... Spark plug..... Wireset......  I have not heard all 6 coils gone bad. this is my 1st LEXUS, 

anyone out there has this problem????

• 4 months later...

This happened to our RX 300. Only a couple of the coils were misfiring. We replaced with cheap coil's and several of those coil's started to misfire so I bought some used OE coil's off of ebay and those lasted for years. The coil's had the Denso name on them. This RX died at 274,000 miles of tranny failure.

We bought another RX with 125,000 miles on it and I may try the Accel coil's, they are the same price as the Denso. Of course, I could go to the Lexus dealership and pay $200 per coil's....hahahahahahahahah