Transmission whine

• 1 year later...

I hd the dealer change my trans fluid in my 07.  Found out later that this is not part of necessary maintenance protocol.  Cost me 150 or 200 bucks, and I've had a trans whine ever since.  I'll keep an eye on this thread 2 c if someone knows what causes this.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/17/2016 at 10:08 AM, artbjornestad said:

My 2013 ls460 has a very loud whine in all gears.  anyone have a fix for this?    Car  has 59,900 miles and I need some ideas before I take it to the dealer

I would call Steve at luxury motorcars in Monrovia,ca.  The luxlink guy.  

• 2 months later...

This is a known issue with some 2013-2015 LS460s.  There is a Technical Service Bulleting (L-SB-0103-14) outlining the repair process.  Basically, the revised engine mounting on the 2013+ cars caused the transmission to be misaligned and they need to replace a transmission mount and isolator to realign the transmission and fix the problem.

• 5 months later...

Keith: 

You are right on the money on the TSB for tranny whine.  My 2016 LS  F-Sport has it mostly around 5 to 40 mph and can be intermittent.. My Service advisor said that since my car's date of manufacture was 10/2015... he suspects that they  might not have switched over to  the improved mounts until the Dec-Jan timeframe at the factory.   I'm expecting a detailed inspection / upgrade at the next service - since this is my 4th LS from Hendrick Lexus of  Charleston.   They have been phenominal in all aspects of sales & service. My fingers are crossed!!  🤞 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

i just had the tsb preformed and it did not help on a 2013 42000 miles. seems to be heat related to me. no whine when started cold for first 6 minutes and it worsens as the car heats up. very odd. john

• 5 months later...

great. my time runs out in 2 weeks on the enhancement program. my new complaint is the ebap system soleniod clicking when stopped and it purges. very loud in the cabin. oddly when it is doing so if i out it in N. or P. it stops for that period. if it would not lurge below 1200 rpm i think the issue would be gone. 239 777 9898 john aycock