My 2013 ls460 has a very loud whine in all gears.  anyone have a fix for this?    Car  has 59,900 miles and I need some ideas before I take it to the dealer

I hd the dealer change my trans fluid in my 07.  Found out later that this is not part of necessary maintenance protocol.  Cost me 150 or 200 bucks, and I've had a trans whine ever since.  I'll keep an eye on this thread 2 c if someone knows what causes this.

On 7/17/2016 at 10:08 AM, artbjornestad said:

My 2013 ls460 has a very loud whine in all gears.  anyone have a fix for this?    Car  has 59,900 miles and I need some ideas before I take it to the dealer

I would call Steve at luxury motorcars in Monrovia,ca.  The luxlink guy.  

This is a known issue with some 2013-2015 LS460s.  There is a Technical Service Bulleting (L-SB-0103-14) outlining the repair process.  Basically, the revised engine mounting on the 2013+ cars caused the transmission to be misaligned and they need to replace a transmission mount and isolator to realign the transmission and fix the problem.

Keith: 

You are right on the money on the TSB for tranny whine.  My 2016 LS  F-Sport has it mostly around 5 to 40 mph and can be intermittent.. My Service advisor said that since my car's date of manufacture was 10/2015... he suspects that they  might not have switched over to  the improved mounts until the Dec-Jan timeframe at the factory.   I'm expecting a detailed inspection / upgrade at the next service - since this is my 4th LS from Hendrick Lexus of  Charleston.   They have been phenominal in all aspects of sales & service. My fingers are crossed!!  🤞