pj8708

Six weeks ago I took my car to my dealer for routine service. As I started into the service bay, the man running the door up & down, hit the wrong button. Instead of up, he pushed the down button. There was this huge boom and crashing noise and I couldn't figure out what had happened. 

The dealer put in a new windshield, roof panel , right side pillar that holds the frame for the wind shield They gave me a 2016 ES 350 to drive as a no cost loaner. While waiting for parts to come, the battery in my damaged car, went dead so they put in a new battery at no charge with a full warranty..

There was absolutely no cost to me and they even did the oil and filter as well as rotating the tires No charge. It was a freak accident and the dealer couldn't have done any more to make things right.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes!!

Willis or Lujack's?   I don't have any experience with Lujack's, but the treatment you got sounds like you were at Willis... Were they working the bugs out of their new service area!?  ;-)

Your experience sounds like you received Willis' normal, amazing (really) service. As a bonus, if it was Willis, their body shop has always done stellar work, no matter what they touch.  When I lived in DSM, theirs was the only body shop I'd trust any work to (even before I owned a Lexus).

Paul

Your right, it was Willis Lexus. They are an amazing example of what a custoner centered operation should be. A few years ago I checked their prices, and the sales manager would not give me a quote. He said I  would only use the price to get a better deal. I told him have you been screened for "Paranoia"?

Are you still in Iowa Paul?

Paul

On 7/3/2016 at 6:40 PM, pj8708 said:

Your right, it was Willis Lexus. They are an amazing example of what a custoner centered operation should be. A few years ago I checked their prices, and the sales manager would not give me a quote. He said I  would only use the price to get a better deal. I told him have you been screened for "Paranoia"?

Are you still in Iowa Paul?

Paul

I'm sorry Paul. I just read my response to your question and I realize that it made Willis sound like the bad guy. It was Lujack who were the jerks. Sorry for the mix up.

Paul,

I'm in Iowa City. As to your last post, that makes more sense--During one of my last visits to Willis (I'm in DSM fairly often for business and to see friends), the service advisor had no issue giving me a ballpark price on the timing belt/water pump service.  I'll likely do it myself, but it's good knowledge to have.  Your experience with the other dealership sounds about on par with what I've heard over the years about them. 

Paul