Used 93 Sc400 Purchase

I can pick up a 1993 sc400 with 176000 miles. I checked carfax and title is clear, no negative information of any kind reported. The car had two owners and has stayed in the state were purchased. I inspected the car and found it in good condition. The interior has the normal leather wear with a small tear in the seam on the back seat about 1/2 long. The outside body has no dings or dents but has oxidation on the top of the rear spoiler that covers about 18inches. The front bottom panel also shows oxidation under the front headlights. The body paint is gray. Mechanically is sound. Spoke with the lexus dealership that serviced the car from 1993 until 2001. The second owner continued proper service but with a local garage in his area. Spoke with the mechanic and verified the service history from 97,000 miles to the current 176,000. Startup and acceleration showed no signs of smoke. On the highway the accerlation is responsive and after accerlation no signs of smoke out of the exhaust. AC is cool and all power options work. No leak stains around the sunroof and rubber is intack. Suspension and brakes are also good. The owner is selling because he purchased a new SUV for the couples second car. The couple is retired and are active golfers. The lack of room for both sets of clubs and luggage are reasons for selling. I have researched from 4 different sources on the value (what I should be willing to pay for this car) with this amount of miles and condition as good. All indications show a sweet spot of between $5900. and $6400. Any words of wisdom, input or feedback of any kind would be welcomed. I have the obvious concerns associated with any car with this amount of miles. Will I be taking on my than I can handle (repairs, engine, transmission). I would appreciate any feedback from the forum on this car.

Sounds like you know what you are dealing with already. They are great cars. Even at high mileage. Expect a few issues - maybe bushings, alternator, power steering pump - possibly suspension. It all depends on what has been replaced - based on maintenance records you have researched.

They are great cars. The final decision is up to you though. Like you said, the paint might need some work and the interior as well. There are seat options from Katzkin's to Recaro, suspension options, wheels, intake, exhaust, L-tuned, lots of stuff. Good luck.