New member with 2013 RX 350 questions

First off hello to everyone!  Happy new owner here of Claret red certified 2013 RX 350.

We enjoy the car very much.  Three nagging questions the owner's manual and dealer don't seem to answer satisfactorily.

1.  We have navigation and parking assist.  The back up camera does not have the usual colored grid lines like our Honda had.  Is this normal?

2.  I cannot seem to cancel a navigation route which is underway using a voice command.  This can be done using the mouse but that is unsafe while driving!  Is there a voice command to do this?

3.  Door locks.  If we lock the car, then, open the tailgate, there doesn't seem to be an easy way re-lock everything without digging out the fob or relocking the front door again using the touch pad.  Picky, I know, but wife would like an easier way.

Thanks in advance for any and all of your responses.

Hi James and welcome.

Well, I don't know how much  I can be of help but I'll try.

The adjustment of the guidance lines in your rear view camera seem to be tied to particular Lexus models. For example, the Lexus NX has the guidance line adjustment, but neither my 2013 ES 350 nor my wife's 2013 RX 350 have it. This could be just a newer release of software. I was able to find several You Tube videos about this and were very help full. They may not be helpful at all, but I think you should do some searches and see what you think.

When you close your tail gate, next to the pad you push to  open the tail gate, there is a small bump next to the tail gate opening button. This little bump will lock all the doors.with out having to use your FOB.

I haven't been able to find any answer to your question about canceling your voice command. Some body else might be able to have some information. If you find some answers please come back and share them.

Paul