1999 LS400 looking forward to another 200,000

I have just got my parts to renew my 202,000 mile LS
new: waterpump, timing belt, seals & bearings, front fan bracket bearing combo.
Engine mounts, and tranny mount, spark plugs, VC gaskets, tube seals and necessary items.
my pride and joy will serve me well. Inside and out, still first class...
I ride down the streets and see all the newer cars and just think "If you only knew"
and ounce of care for a pound of love.....

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

my99.jpg

008.JPG

009.JPG

• Like 1

That's a beautifully maintained car Billy. Bravo! How long have you had it? Even the leather looks immaculate. The way you prize it, I am sure it will keep sailing 600k more.

Have you noticed an increase in cabin noise over the years or is it still as quiet?

1. Moe47  .. Have you noticed an increase in cabin noise over the years or is it still as quiet?
  2. as quite as always, I have had it over 6 years now .. I have changed idler pulleys when they start to sing and tranny fluid also..
  3. it really is a nice one, I am blessed...
  • Like 1

Yes very nice Billy. Now, if you could only get another 200k out of your own body! haha. 

The leather on my LS was also in great shape. The only thing I noticed was cracking of the finish on the wooden part of the steering wheel. Does yours have that too?

3 hours ago, landar said:

Yes very nice Billy. Now, if you could only get another 200k out of your own body! haha. 

The leather on my LS was also in great shape. The only thing I noticed was cracking of the finish on the wooden part of the steering wheel. Does yours have that too?

My body will not last that long, and I don't want it too either.... and yes the steering wheel has visuals of cracking, but the finish is still smooth to the touch.

also I just ordered this: LEXUS OEM FACTORY FLOOR MAT SET 1997-2000 LS400 IVORY PT208-50980-08  all 4 mats NEW from Bell Lexus in Arizona with 1 year warranty.

Beautiful car you have.

My one-owner 2006 GS300 is religiously kept (not by me but the dealer or Firestone), with only 93,000 miles.  Everything works.

However, the smooth ride is not as smooth anymore.  On a smooth road at regular speed it's excellent, but when going over a small bump and specially the rain gutters at the intersections, the car just doesn't feel as "tight".  I'm not sure change struts and shocks will make a big difference.

Any ideas ? 

Well Jon is still having health problems, so tomorrow I'm taking my LS in for TB&WP, with all bearings, VC gaskets, tube orings, fresh Spark plugs,  motor supports & tranny mount..... 950.00 and I furnish all parts.. plus I bought an OEM set of 4 floor mats from Lexus for it..

mine is already driven 236,000 miles.... and my guess would be that nothing got replaced in the engine bay till these years by the previous owners.. regardless i will try to replace the main parts soon

just picked up my LS, and it runs like a new car, perfectly silent and peppy as new, guess my plugs were in need of replacing too, that was a thousand well spent...  they replaced my inner tie rod boot (torn) also.

I just love this car..