Sc340 Dvd Nav Upgrade

ptsagcy

No question should go unanswered. I have yet to own a vehicle with any of this stuff oem. A quick search has shown me that many people feel this upgrade is not worth it. For example one owner states:

upgraded my 2002 SC430's software (original version, car delivered April 2001) to the latest version and think it was a waste of godd money. While there are some added POI's and updated maps, it was hardly worth the $288 I paid for the upgrade. In addition, I have noticed some addresses are now 2 or 3 blocks off. Would recommend bypassing the upgrade and waiting.

One place you can purchase this

I don't have a clue on where the drive is located. You should consult your owners manual or perhaps check this site out:

http://techinfo.lexus.com./

Just came across it. It seems you can purchase time to access factory service manuals here on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis. Pretty cool. I haven't checked it out though. If I come across anything else, I'll post it.

I believe that the Data is loaded with a CD through the normal CD player. It automatically access the RAM and loads the upgrades. Mine is an '04 and should not need an upgrade in a while. As mentioned earlier, there has not been enough changes in the Interstate System to necessitate an update. Even the upgraded version is wrong in many area's. I found restaurants to be out of business and hotels that have changed ownership and name.

:cheers:

• 3 months later...

DJmechel Writes:

"The DVD is located in the trunk under the luggage cover. There is a

removable door and behind is the nav dvd. move the sliding switch on the

left side of the dvd player to the left and then press the button under

the sliding switch ( with acc power on) the dvd should then eject.

Place the new dvd into the slot and it will load. Be aware that after

placing an upgraded dvd into the nav dvd unit, the old dvd will no longer

work in the unit. Hope this helps."