Dvd Nav Questions

ptsagcy

In my 2001, the DVD player is located near the spare tire. If you lift the carpet and look to the right, behind the tire jack you will see the DVD player. You will probably need to remove the jack to eject the disk. With the key "on" there is a slide button cover that says "open". I think there is an eject button under the cover which is pressed, but sliding the cover may be all that is required to eject the disk.

There are two 2003 DVD upgrade disks for sale on E-bay.

I also have a question about the DVD navigation system. I 'm not sure which one I have. I have a 2001 RX300 with original navigation DVD. I purchased the DATA ver 03.1 on ebay because the dealer price was outrageous, and now I can't seem to figure out how to install it or if this is the most current one. I've looked beside the spare and see where it is suppose to go but I don't see a way to open it. Any suggestions?

Found it. Thanks. See above reply BY RXlover, it is correct. Once you slide the tab, it exposes an eject button. Simply puch the button and the DVD pops out. NOTE IGNITION MUST BE IN THE ON POSITION SO THE SYSTEM IS TURNED ON TO EJECT THE DVD.

• 5 weeks later...