Lexus LS460,2008 VSC/engine/skid control lights keep coming  on. I have replaced the gas cap twice, new battery, cleaned battery posts and connections.

my mechanic said, their is no vacuum when you loosen the gas cap therefore there is a gas leak in the fuel system.  He said, I need a pressure gas tank test. Anyone have this issue  and know how to repair it ie besides the rip off dealer

I would be more helpful if we had the code being generated for your light.  VSC/engine/skid light can be triggered by many codes. Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I had vsc light come on and Midas reset it.  Told me to use premium.  I still use regular and it hasn't come back on.  When the $3500 abs actuator light came on I ordered part from internet advertising dealer in Dallas for like $2800.  Had it shipped to Miami and installed it at non stocking dealer that sold me the car. Funny global story: When the light came on I was with a Spanish pilot/mechanic that pulled out a device and read the code.  He texted code to friend that works on Lexus at dealer in Europe. Text immediately came back "you !Removed!". Now I know why car was cheap as dealer knew about this fault as it showed up on  my test drive.  They said the fixed it but obviously I got the jammy as they figured out some way to disable that until I has some miles on it.  It wasnt a certified car and was cheapish in the pearl/beige/chromes that I wanted. It's served me well since and will hit 150,000 this week and I purchased at 70,000 Miles.  

• 8 months later...

I would be more helpful if we had the code being generated for your light.  VSC/engine/skid light can be triggered by many codes. Welcome aboard.

I have the same problem too.  Code is P1367 "E".  Anyone know the issue?

• 5 years later...

My ABS, AFS and VSC lights come on at 80+ mph.  Stay on until i decelerate for 10 minutes of so.  My mechanic says he can only test when lights are on.  I've tried new gas cap to no avail.  Any ideas?  Others out there who may have the code for this problem?

Thanks, GT

I wonder if a passenger can scan for codes while you are driving 80+ MPH.
I have read owners of German cars reporting the same thing. Those replying, suggest a speed sensor or ABS module as possible culprits.

• 5 months later...

good morning, im new here with posting questions: Hi, i have this same issue the VSC light on my 2008 ls460 225K miles on the clock, comes on and goes off periodically with no pattern of use. typically stays on for a couple of days only, then back again. Could this be the control arms needing to be replaced, i noticed the  top front ones are out. thanks for any advice.