hello from uk lexus club

ste48

hello everyone im from manchester uk and a member of the uk lexus owners club now on my 5th ls400 and still loving them here is my current car a 1999 ls400

014.jpg

049.jpg

048.jpg

Hi Steve and welcome to the North American LOC. It's great to have someone from another Club to chat with. 

Your LS is in beautiful condition. The only problem I can see is you've got the  steering wheel on the wrong side of the car!

Paul

• Like 1

On 5/20/2016 at 0:21 AM, pj8708 said:

Your LS is in beautiful condition. The only problem I can see is you've got the  steering wheel on the wrong side of the car!

Paul

Hahah... Its always a debate that the steering is on the wrong side, if i am not wrong countries ruled by the British empire are right hand drive vehicles (the traffic moves from the left side)

Regardless of the steering wheel your car is in a mint condition... cheers, by the way the palmrest at the back passenger seat is totally different than mine?mine is plain on the top and there is a tray which comes out for the cup holders... also the wood finish material is either missing near the door locks or is not there at all in the UK version

• Like 1

Looks wonderful Steve. How I wish mine was beige leather too! What years LS400s have you owned and which one is your favourite? The backseat hand-rest is curious indeed, probably a feature for the UK only?

the backseat handrest is pictured open with the cup holders showing and storage compartment when closed its all matching leather .ive owned 3 mk 4 ls400s one of those i bought twice .i sold it once it went 400 miles away for 2 yrs then turned up at a dealership close by for sale after 2 yrs so i bought it again .ive also had 3 mark 3 ls400s 2 black and one pearlescent white .ive also had a 2002 gs300 in gold nice car but not as good as the 400 .the ls400 is becoming very hard to source over here now and prices are going up all the time

The US versions (at least the ones I've seen) have sliding cup holder trays in the back handrest. Very interesting, why did you buy it the second time though? I'm already scouting for a pearl white to be my second LS. Bummer that they're hard to source over there. My neighbor in Bristol (lived there for 2 years) had one of the best maintained LS400s i've ever seen. It can be your's if the old man's kicked the bucket. :angel:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Moe47 said:

The US versions (at least the ones I've seen) have sliding cup holder trays in the back handrest.

There are at least four versions of the rear seat armrest. 

Here are two photos:

1.  The rear seat armrest of the series 4 Japanese market Toyota Celsior "C type" with audio and HVAC controls and electrically adjustable rear seat with massage.

2.  The rear seat armrest of the series 4 LS400 sold in Australia which has controls for the audio and HVAC systems.

Toyota Celsior Series 4 C type rear seat armrest.jpgLexus LS400 Series 4 Australia rear seat armrest.jpg   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billydpowell said:

what is a mark 3 ls400s ?  never heard of those ??

I can answer that.  Those zany Brits particularly like "mark" designations:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_(designation   Maybe it is a longing for Jaguar sedan series names.

In the UK, the model year ranges of the LS400 are referenced thusly:

Series 1, Mark 1 = 1990-1992

Series 1, Mark 2 = 1993-1994

Series 2, Mark 3 = 1995-1997

Series 2, Mark 4 = 1998-2000

• Like 3

• 3 years later...