Accelerator Pedal Hdoes not work

Love Lexus

HELP!! I parked my 2001 LS430 (outside) in Florida 9 months ago. Disconnected battery and went to NY for 9 months. Upon my return a couple days ago..I reconnected battery and car started and died. When I tried to restart engine...it kinda sounded like the starter didn't want to engage, and like the bendix was spinning but not engaging.

A few minutes later(after praying)...It engaged and car started, but seemed like it wanted to die out, so I left Key in START position for maybe 30 seconds while car was running to make sure it wouldn't die again..and it stayed idling. However, gas pedal is unresponsive. No acceleration at all..

Fuses are intact, but could there be a Throttle Relay that is burned out?

The gas pedal on your 01 LS430 has only an electronic connection to the engine like the 00 LS400 I used to have which once had a similar problem.  There is likely a defective throttle position sensor or pedal position sensor.  There are procedures for testing these sensors but I don't have them for the LS430.