Rear Wiper Arm Removal- What's the trick?

usna93

Resurrecting an old topic that didn't have a solution.  Does anyone have any tips/tricks to removing the rear wiper arm?  Ours is a 2004 GX470.  Rear wiper got ripped off in the car wash.  The replacement part is on its way.  But trying to get the remaining arm off.  I removed the nut but it's not pulling off.  I thought it might come off easier if you push the arm down (similar to a Honda Accord wiper arm- you have to push it down to flatten it against the post and then it comes right off).  But doesn't look like the Lexus arm is designed the same way.   Not finding any manuals or other videos online either.   Anyone faced this before?   Might have to get out the trusty Dremel!

• 7 months later...

Hi,

This might be a little late but at the base of the wiper you can pop off the plastic cover with a screwdriver. Underneath is a bolt securing the wiper to the windshield. 

You could try gently tapping it with a spanner or something similar to break the taper...alternatively, it may require a small puller to separate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xwinscreen+wiper+blade+puller.TRS0&_nkw=winscreen+wiper+blade+puller&_sacat=0