Removing the ML Audio system?

Dungoblanco

I'm a NOOB with possibly the dumbest question ever but here goes anyway... I'm seriously considering buying a beautiful '04 GX470 but it is equipped with the Mark Levinson audio system. I've test driven the truck and LOVE IT but I'm concerned that the lack of modern features on the ML system is gonna drive me nuts. I've been poking around the forums and YouTube for a couple days now looking for solutions and an not very thrilled with the available options. Can anyone please tell me if the climate control unit from a non-navi GX could be installed allowing all the ML equipment to be pulled out for a clean install of an aftermarket system? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

s-l1600.jpg

My suggestion is to forget about installing an aftermarket system in a 12 year old vehicle and instead install a $230 VAIS SL3B Bluetooth interface and make your smartphone the center of your car entertainment universe:  http://www.vaistech.com/site/sl3b.php  

Buy a phone holder that attaches high on your dashboard and download iBolt Dock'n Drive to your Android or iOS phone to make it easier and safer to access and control phone apps like Pandora, Slacker, Tunein and music stored on your phone.  You can come reasonably close to emulating 2016 Lexus Enform by organizing smartphone apps with Dock'n Drive.

Attached is an photo from a few years back of an older version of Dock'n Drive on an old Samsung S3 I no longer use mounted in a holder in a 2000 Lexus LS400 I sold in 2014.  A new version of Dock'n Drive just came out today - they keep making it better and better.

iBolt Dock n Drive 2.JPG