TPMS Service life or Lifetime

GS300 2006, made in 5/2005. I wonder what other users experienced with TPMS sensors service life. My original TPMS sensors are still good after 11 years of service. My car has low mileage, about 38 000 miles. However I purchased 3 years ago new TPMS sensors for my summer set of tires. They were made by Orange-Electronics, part No. OEC-2. One of them went out in less then 3 years and 9000 miles. Orange Electronics states on their website expected lifetime 5 to 7 years. I will appreciate sharing your experience. 

A TPM sensor failing after only three years is unusual.  I'm not familiar with the Orange Electronics brand.  The two sets of four sensors I bought for our winter tires are brands that Toyota uses on new vehicles and we haven't had a failure ... at least not yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2016 at 0:54 PM, 1990LS400 said:

A TPM sensor failing after only three years is unusual.  I'm not familiar with the Orange Electronics brand.  The two sets of four sensors I bought for our winter tires are brands that Toyota uses on new vehicles and we haven't had a failure ... at least not yet.

For how many years do you have them installed? More then 11 years? 

3 hours ago, Josef2 said:

For how many years do you have them installed? More then 11 years? 

One of the TPMS sets I bought is about 3 years old and the other set is about 2 years old.  One set is Pacific and the other TRW - both brands are used by Toyota on new vehicles.  One set came from Tire Rack in a winter tire/wheel package and the other set I bought from Costco when I bought winter tires there.  The main reason I stuck with OEM brands was to make sure they worked with our vehicles.  I don't remember what the sensor price was at Tire Rack but it was right at $40 per sensor at Costco.