Mark Levinson media

I just bought a 2010 Lexus LS 460 L and the audio and the driver and passengers door sounds really low are these just for bass or my supposed to get a little bit of everything out of him and is it supposed to sound loud and clear can I get some help here should they be loud audio or very low

Have you gone through the bizarrely complex adjustment procedures?  They start on page 385 of the "Using the Audio System" manual at http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM50B55U/pdf/sec_03_03.pdf

Maybe you could try adjusting the sound for the "FRONT" listening position.

So today we went through all the settings on the radio and everything is balanced and right I'm just getting all the highs upfront in the – and I'm getting no audio in the front drivers door and passenger drivers door do you guys think the amplifier might have an issue from Mark Levinson Soundsystem they should sound a whole lot better than this any suggestions this is for a 2010 Lexus LS 460 thanks guys

Hi David and welcome,

The ML system probably gets more mail than any other car part. Many people say the bass is great-just right. Other say the bass is too weak and how can that be changed. Remember that the ML has 18 speakers, a multi channel amp and a complete cross over system for every speaker and amp. During the 2010,2011, and 2012, The ML package had a reputation for failed amplifiers. Since that time Lexus must have come up with a fix because I haven't heard of any complaints.

I have placed a small sub-woofer in the trunk and it has made a huge difference.

PAUL

David, perhaps see if they will let you listen to another one at your local dealership to see if it sounds any different? This might help you to figure out if there is a problem with your system.

I have the ML system (14 speaker) in my IS250 and personally I find the sound excellent, though as Paul says it is all down to personal opinion. I haven't heard an ML system in the LS460 but I'd imagine it to be a bit better than mine if anything!