Mirror causing paint stain

What is it about the door mirrors that is causing what looks like a stain on the front doors of my IS?

it doesn't go away after a wash and wax.

Anyone know how to correct this issue?

I'm assuming I can buff out the stain?

image.jpeg

Wow, that is strange.  That might be some sort of chemical stain that has eaten into the paint.  Has any repair work been done on the mirror? Maybe the Lexus dealer would have an opinion about what could cause the stain.  Maybe consult a detailer to see if he can help.

Could it be as simple as soap build up from the car wash???

I'm going to take the mirror of and see what I find.

Fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using anything on the mirrors, such as Armor All for example?  If so it will liquify when wet and run down the paint and ETCH it.  I had it happen on a car I owned.  Vinyl top (dating myself) was protected with AA, and when it got wet from rain the AA would leave an etched run mark down the body. 

Wow...that is strange.   I would try some abrasive like Scratch Doctor.    That should get it out, but I would wonder what is coming out of there.   Is it coming out of the mirror or from around the rubber between the mirror and the body?   Try slamming your door a bit after drying it.   Maybe that would get most of the water out and you could dry it.   I always open both doors when I wash my car because I always wipe down the door jambs.  I close the doors a little hard to make sure all the water comes out of the mirrors.

• 4 weeks later...

It's strange for sure.

Now that I'm paying attention to it, I see other IS with same issue.  The difference is that it really shows on the red paint.

i have time on the weekend so I'll try to buff it out.

im keeping my fingers crossed!!!

• 1 month later...

So I used a product called "Ultimate Compound" and it removed the water stain with little effort.

Thanks for the help.