Another Aircon Question

chips229

Hi all...i posted on here the other day about me aircon...heres another question for you all...

If one only of any of the vents are open at any one time,ive cold air coming out...

so if say a side vent only is open then cold air...if one of the centre vents are open then i get cold air...so theres cold air through one vent if you follow what i mean..

now if say both centre vents are only open then,theres more cold coming out of one than the other....now should i be getting cold air out of all the vents if there all open?...id say yes i should...so as in another post talking about the aircon...if its not getting as cold in the car as it should i need a re-gas..

just looking for fed back about these vents...any views anyone please?

First of all, are you stating assumptions or are you stating actual problems with your vents?

Usually if one of the vent blew warmer air than other vents while a/c is on, you probably need to recharge your freon.

Hi well thanks for the reply,thought id have afew more replys...

Like you say think i need a re-gas...just wanted to know,if the air con is working 100% i would imagine that id have cold air through all vents if they were all open..

I was hoping everyone would have posted saying that yes there aircons working fine and that i should have cold air coming out of all the vents...which i dont.

Chips,

No offense, but you're difficult to follow. Please be more accurate on your punctuation/sentence structure.

Yes, you should have air coming from all vents w/AC on.

When the AC is off: you should NOT feel air if the side vent levers are CLOSED.

However, its possible the rear vent has a manual closed/open lever. My 99LS does, but I've never checked it with AC on or off - too busy driving ;)