Has anyone programmed the HomeLink from a 2007 IS250 Lexus with a 2018 model LiftMaster Premium series 8355W (belt driven) garage opener? or know if they're compatible? I just got the LiftMaster 8355W garage opener 5 days ago and been unable to program it with HomeLink buttons in the 2007 IS250. According to the HomeLink site, they provide instructions to program with LiftMaster for the 2007 IS150 so I assume this means it's compatible (?). Cleared all HomeLink programming and tried all the steps to program opener following instructions from Owner's Manual, HomeLink web site, various tips given online..etc. The only step that doesn't seem to match with the instructions is that when I'm trying to sync remote with the desired HomeLink button...I get the slow blinks while I'm holding both buttons but it never gets to fast blinking, just does the slow blink until the light just stops blinking. I went ahead and continued with all the remaining steps including the learn button on the opener and going back to car to press the HomeLink button. Tried all this multiple times and different ways but still no luck. Never had issues programming it previously. Wondering if anyone has successfully programming 2017 or 2018 LiftMaster with 2007 Lexus, or maybe it's no longer compatible with the latest garage openers.
Any info/help would be appreciated.
I ran into the issue of buying a gs350 awd with a front differential exploded. Well, I looked and you guys didn't have any tutorials at all. All of your standard car manuals will tell you to remove the engine. I say that seems a bit excessive and so I did the job today without it.
1. Get a bar (like a handle from a jack, like I used) and put blocks of wood on the ends to hold it up above the intake. There is a picture showing this. Put home made brackets on the header studs and bolt them down. Tie the engine up with the bar.
2. Remove both front wheels and discard them for now.
3. Remove both tie rods, sway bar ends, lower ball joints, and bottom of strut mount.
4. Pull CV axles out.
5. Remove all wires going to steering rack.
6. Remove steering rack bolts.
7. Remove front drive shaft.
8. Drain oil from front differential if you haven't already because I forgot to tell you earlier lol.
9. Remove steering from rack (the spline)
10. Remove bolts from both motor mounts.
11. Stick a jack under the frame and drop the frame with the wishbones on it.
(Optional steps) use these only if the right hand axle is giving you a fit and won't come out.
11a. Loosen tensioner and remove drive belt.
11b. Loosen bolts and move out ac compressor
12. Unbolt the front differential, pull it off and beat the axle out from the left side of the car
12. Unbolt front differential and remove from car.
Repeat backwards to go back together.
(End of optional steps)