Problem With Air Conditioning

Has anyone seen this? When I turn on the front defroster or the Air Conditioning, the light for the A/C comes on solid for a few seconds, blows air (which is not cold), then blinks constantly. Never blows cold air. :(

Is this a diagnostic for low level of refrigerant, or possibly a bad sensor or fan relay? Does anyone know? <_<

Thanks in advance for the help.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone seen this? When I turn on the front defroster or the Air Conditioning, the light for the A/C comes on solid for a few seconds, blows air (which is not cold), then blinks constantly. Never blows cold air.  :(

Is this a diagnostic for low level of refrigerant, or possibly a bad sensor or fan relay? Does anyone know?  <_<

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have the very same problem.

I pulled the ac code tho & it was code 24.

Checked the sticky posted but code 24 was not listed

Any help would be great

Thanks

Dan

99 gs300

the ac compressor is goin out, i had the same problem last year, it works fine now i never had it fixed, but now i think its startin to go out again, i was drivin last night and all the AC blew was hot air, so i guess im gonna have to get that fixed.

*edit* i think it may also mean maybe the compressor just needs a new clutch, all i know is when my dad and I took it to the lexus dealer, the cost after labor and all that was gonna be like 2500 to fix, so he was like, uhh...lol the end of this story is i still have a broken AC

I checked my owner's manual and it says "If the air conditioning compressor does not operate, the indicator of the A/C button will blink. If the indicator of the A/C button blinks even when the A/C button is pushed again, have the compressor checked by your nearest Lexus dealer."

I checked my owner's manual and it says "If the air conditioning compressor does not operate, the indicator of the A/C button will blink.  If the indicator of the A/C button blinks even when the A/C button is pushed again, have the compressor checked by your nearest Lexus dealer."

Hey thanks for your reply.

The first half applys to me ,but when the ac button is pushed again it will shut off & will stop blinking.

could you check you manual for the AC Code 24.

Thanks Dan

ok, keep in mind that the previous info I gave was from my 1997 LS400 owner's manual.

I checked for the diagnostic trouble code 24 from my 1997 LS400 Repair Manual, and it says that the detection item is the driver's side solar sensor circuit (open or short in this circuit). The touble areas could be the solar sensor, the harness/connector between the solar sensor and the A/C amplifier, or the A/C amplifier.

There is a note that a display of diagnostic trouble code 24 is not abnormal when the sensor is not receiving solar radiation.

Hope this helps.

Please confirm this info for your GS model.

the ac compressor is goin out, i had the same problem last year, it works fine now i never had it fixed, but now i think its startin to go out again, i was drivin last night and all the AC blew was hot air, so i guess im gonna have to get that fixed.

*edit* i think it may also mean maybe the compressor just needs a new clutch, all i know is when my dad and I took it to the lexus dealer, the cost after labor and all that was gonna be like 2500 to fix, so he was like, uhh...lol the end of this story is i still have a broken AC

sorry to hear that, your car is 96' model and a/c compressor is broken. that's scare me now, that's a lot of money to fix it. my is 99' model

Thanks bossman, turbo & abear for your help!

After a review of the compressor , the clutch appears that it needs to be replaced i can turn it by hand as i should be able to ?, but it has play back and forth and side to side + has grease pressing out from the front ,

My Webpage

I found this to help with the replacement of the ac clutch. Can anyone confirm that you can change the ac clutch on the vehicle? , & not have to release the freon?

Also the best place to find a replacement ac clutch at a bargain, I don't know if you have any dealers that give discounts on this site the anyone could refer me to.

Thanks

Dan