Just gutted my stock system from my 99 GS300. Headunit, amp and cd changer all worked except the lcd was going out on the display. I swapped in a touchsceen dvd with all the modern conveniences to bring it up to date. I don't have room to keep this stuff around on a shelf collecting dust so i'm open to offers. Thanks!

lexus radio.pdf

lexus radio2.pdf

lexus radio3.pdf

lexus radio4.pdf

lexus radio5.pdf

Is the screen going out or was it the "white screen" on the unit that made u change out the stereo? And what stereo did u replace it with? Crutchfield said it couldn't be done.

On my car 1999 GS300 it was an old lcd screen that was basically green. Pixels were going out on the lcd kind of like an old LCD watch that got hit too hard and broke some of the crystals. I swapped it out with a boss double din flat touch screen dvd player with blue tooth and back up camera. Wasn't horrible but had to extend the speaker wires from the glove-box to the factory radio location and add an aftermarket amp to power the sub. All told 4-5 hours and around $200.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tun87
      Hello
      I have an issue with my 2013 Lexus RX350. I recently started to notice that my car doesn't make any beeping noise after locking or unlocking my car. I check the settings in my car, but everything is turned on. I can't seem to find out why this is happening. Searched the internet for clues or suggestions, but can't seem to find any answers.
      Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!
    • By Agp13
      I was wondering on what you guys believe would be the best aftermarket car stereo for a 2002 Lexus GS 300 I was looking into kenwoods but some of the android head units real caught my eyes especially the dassita 10.2 android units and if so would u guys recommend the android units. Any advice would help!
    • By FinnSailor5193
      Where may I buy an OEM subwoofer for my 2008 GX 470 w/Nav? Its rattly and i dont know if can be repaired or replaced by an aftermarket.  I read somewhere someone called DCfish might be a good contact? New to all this. Any advice helpful.
    • By GsJoe300
      Can someone please help me! I got my ignition coil changed on my 2004 gs300 on saturday because my car was having misfires. After changing the ignition coils I tried to crank the car but it wouldn't start, we disconnected everything new and put all the old ones back on and still nothing, then I realized the alarm indicator is blinking even when the key I in the ignition and turned. I tried a locksmith and he assured me nothing is wrong with the key, PLEASE HELP ME. I've changed the fuel pump, spark plugs and also tried everything I read online about resetting the alarm and nothing works, I can activate and deactivate the alarm from my key pad but the light continues to blink and the car refuses to start
    • By ggc
      My parents have a 2000 Lexus RX300.  About 6 months ago it developed a parasitic drain that would completely drain the battery if it sat for a few days.  I tested the current draw for all the fuses under the hood and found the DOME fuse was consistently drawing about 0.5 amps with the doors closed and the interior lights off.  I removed the DOME fuse and the battery has maintained its charge after sitting for several weeks.  Odd thing is that when I removed the DOME fuse, we lost power to the radio and the center information panel.  I don't know why the radio and information panel would be effected by the DOME circuit.  Is there a component that would interconnect the radio/information center to the Dome circuit? Thanks, Gilbert