Finaly-What they Mean

pj8708

Subject
Model designations-This is a topic James, our new Admin. person from the UK, got me thinking about this subject. When he "Googled" NC, it came up with the meaning of "Nimble Crossover". What the heck does that mean I thought. So I e-mailed Lexus Customer Service and received the following reply. In my opinion, some of these make sense. Such as "Luxury Sedan". But I would really appreciate someone explaining to me what a "Nimble Crossover" defines. Does it mean that other crossovers stumble and trip a lot?

Discussion Thread
 Response Via Email (David Rosen) 03/19/2016 11:45 AM
Dear Mr. Jackson:

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction.  We are glad to hear that so many people love the Lexus brand. Below is the meaning for the vehicles we have officially named:
ES- Executive Sedan
GS- Grand Sedan
LS- Luxury Sedan

Additionally, these are the most common interpretations of our other models. However, they have not officially been named:

RC- Radical Coupe
CT- Creative Touring
IS- Intelligent Sport
NX- Nimble Crossover
RX- Radiant Crossover
GX- Grand Crossover
LX- Luxury Crossover

If you require further assistance, please respond to this email, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 6:00 pm, or Saturday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

David Rosen
Lexus Customer Satisfaction
  • Like 1