Transmission Swap 94' ES300

OU1

I'm in the process of swapping my transmission out I've been unable to find much information about it.  So I'm wondering if anyone's got a guide to do it, a schematic, suggestions?  From the looks of it I can bring it out from the top using a cherry picker am I correct in assuming this is possible?  and if not do I need to drop my entire engine with the transmission to disconnect it?  I have a 94' ES300, I purchased a junkyard transmission out of a 97' Avalon as they told me they were interchangeable with the converter.  Any information, help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

ou1,

Your 94 ES is basically a gussied up 94 V6 Camry, so any info on that same generation will apply almost exactly.

For instance, try this link to the following video : http://www.instructables.com/id/One-Minute-Transmission-Swap/

There are a lot of YouTube videos on tranny swaps and rebuilds for the V6 Camry. Search through a bunch of them, as well as Google searches for the same topic. You'll find just about anything you're after on the topic, but it will take some searching.

If you don't find all of the info there, go to the Camry forums and search their archives for what you need. You may have to join one to be able to search the archives, but you might find exactly what you're after. Good Luck!

• 5 years later...