Won't start

AyooKeish

I was driving on the interstate today when I heard a pop and smelt burning before my car shut off, I pulled over to try to start it but it wouldn't start, so I got it towed to my house and out oil in it but it still didn't start. What could be the problem?

When turning the key is the starter motor running? are you able to crank the engine... what do you mean by "towed to my house and out oil in it" ? check the electrical first all the fuses, no start condition are of 2 types

1.) No cranking, pure silence when turning the ignition key

2.) Engine cranking but engine does not catches up

So in your case which one is it? Try to post some pictures, it helps a lot

What does "out oil in it"  mean?   Do you mean there is no oil in it?  If the crankshaft will not turn then likely is seized up from no oil.  Or you broke a timing belt and that did it.  What year is it?  Is it an LS400 or a ?

1 hour ago, Exhaustgases said:

What does "out oil in it"  mean?   Do you mean there is no oil in it?  If the crankshaft will not turn then likely is seized up from no oil.  Or you broke a timing belt and that did it.  What year is it?  Is it an LS400 or a ?

I'm guessing it's a typo - should have been "put oil in it".

8 hours ago, AyooKeish said:

I was driving on the interstate today when I heard a pop and smelt burning before my car shut off, I pulled over to try to start it but it wouldn't start, so I got it towed to my house and out oil in it but it still didn't start. What could be the problem?

Did you actually check the oil was low before topping it up?

On 3/17/2016 at 8:27 PM, AyooKeish said:

the problem we have is getting you to answer us...