Mileage record

M.Yasir

Hi all

I have just set a new record for my own satisfaction regarding the mileage of my 98 LS400, the car is simply unbelievable so here we are talking about in tank full it gave 405 miles (651 KM), tank full is 23 gallons or 87 litres but i will consider 19 gallons or 70 litres of petrol

Some equations

mileage = 651 km/70 litre= 9.3 litres/km which is very impressive for a 290 bhp V8 bull sitting under the hood,

this reminds me i was going 180km/hr when a Range Rover managed to get pass through me phew he was going 200 then (keeping in mind the radar is set to flash over 140km/hr), enjoying every bit of lexus

PS: yeah i know there is a tail lamp failure message, i dont know what to do about this guy i changed the lights but still this guy is coming up

my lexus mileage.jpg

9.3 liters for every Km that sounds pretty bad to me. It was written as 9.3 liters / km , that is 9.3 per km.......... ????? And even then for us mpg people all that is jibberish you know. 

mpg = miles per gallon    or    m/g 

7 hours ago, sha4000 said:

Yeah in the bottom of the back window.

You are absolutely right there is one box, i will fix and report back

6 hours ago, Exhaustgases said:

9.3 liters for every Km that sounds pretty bad to me. It was written as 9.3 liters / km , that is 9.3 per km.......... ????? And even then for us mpg people all that is jibberish you know. 

mpg = miles per gallon    or    m/g 

It is the other way around Bob my apologies i typed it wrong, in 1 litre it will go 9.3 km; talking in mpg in 19 gallons it is going 405 miles so in 1 gallon it is going 21 miles

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2016 at 0:39 AM, sha4000 said:

Yeah in the bottom of the back window.

I changed the bulbs of the 3rd light, but still i can see the error message on the dash tail lamp failure... after reading some posts i came to know that the bulbs should be 19 watter or more? if the wattage is less the error message will still be there.... i will get back to this one

WP_20160315_011.jpg

WP_20160315_012.jpg

WP_20160315_013.jpg