2014 ES - Enform apps

ceecee

Just purchased 2014 es350.Have the enform suite.  Set it up with no problems.  One week later - click on apps and it tells me I need an update.

Click ok to update.  Cannot do it.   Best I can get is 18% updated and then I get "unable to update". Call 3 different Techs at dealerships - called 1-800 number.  All have different answers.  Been told it wont update through android (galaxy 5), told to go to area near cell tower to get best reception and told to have the techs manually download through navigation (tech had no clue on this one).  Nothing works.Any ideas??? or help on this????.  Thanks

I've never fully understood how the updates work but they seem to be more reliable when my phone  (Samsung S5 Android) is connected to my home WiFi network.  I sit in my garage until an update is completed.  It might help that I have super long range (super expensive) WiFi router on my home system and exceptionally fast Internet connection.

Hi Carol and welcome.

Other than what Jim said I'm not sure what else might work. But in getting out there with a possibility, You mentioned you just recently bought the car. Was the Enform product allready loaded? Did you sign-up or download the product for the first time. My point is that if your using Enform from a previous owner the account may need to be renewed.

I know that's a stretch but it doesn't hurt to get out there some times.

Paul

Ok - tried everything again. Paul - it was loaded on the car.  Don't think it had a previous owner - loaner car.  I signed up for the account with VIN#.  Nothing works.

What do you mean by "Nothing works"?  Which Enform apps are you trying to use?  It is necessary to set up separate accounts with app vendors such as Pandora, Slacker and Open Table and then to link them to your Enform account before they function.  It is a pain in the you-know-what but it only necessary to go through the process once.

Ok so I am now totally confused. I have a lexus drivers account. I have the lexus inform app on my phone and registered.  I have accounts with Pandora and open table. Both are linked to my enform account. Here is the problem. When I try to open the apps thru my navigation, I get a message that an update is available. When I click to update, it only goes to 18 per cent and then tells me that update failed and to try again. No matter what I try to do to update, nothing works. This prevents me from accessing the apps. Today I went to lexus dealership. Tech came out and I showed him the problem. He said it won't update since I don't have a paid subscription.  I just bought car - 2014 estate pre certified. Everything I read tells me inform apps are free. So, do I need to pay to get this to work or is it free and I have a definite problem with download?

Per the FAQ on drivers.lexus.com , there are no fees for using the Enform app suite - only registration is required.  I suggest that you find and print this FAQ and take it with you to the Lexus dealer.  I have 24 years of experience listening to inaccurate "B.S." spewed by Lexus dealer employees and have often had to show their own documentation to them to prove my point.

Hi Jim! Good to hear from you.

I have had the Enform service for several years. The package came with the new car. That first year was free. After that I am billed for a renewal. I think it's some where around $250,00. I know little about the technical side.

Paul

3 hours ago, pj8708 said:

Hi Jim! Good to hear from you.

I have had the Enform service for several years. The package came with the new car. That first year was free. After that I am billed for a renewal. I think it's some where around $250,00. I know little about the technical side.

Paul

Hi Paul.  Snow in Des Moines today, eh?

Click on the pricing/registration tab at http://www.lexus.com/enform/ where the Enform app suite is shown as "complimentary" which I assume means "free" like the similar Entune app suite is on all Toyota brand vehicles.

Paul, what Enform services do you have?  "Around $250.00" ($265.90 ?) might be getting you Enform Destinations with Safety Connect.

Hi Pal  I've been our every night during the full Moons chanting and beating my drum to bring th spirits to stop the snow. It hasn't worked.

Mine is just the basic package. I have weather, two-way voice for address routes if I"m near the location and I still can't find it. Also, automatic SOS notice to Enform if there is an accident. For an additional fee you can have  stocks and days markets. Also, sports. I think you can just call Lexus.com  for quotes. However, since most of these features are from "XM", you may need to call them as well.

Is that any help?

Paull

3 hours ago, pj8708 said:

Hi Pal  I've been our every night during the full Moons chanting and beating my drum to bring th spirits to stop the snow. It hasn't worked.

Mine is just the basic package. I have weather, two-way voice for address routes if I"m near the location and I still can't find it. Also, automatic SOS notice to Enform if there is an accident. For an additional fee you can have  stocks and days markets. Also, sports. I think you can just call Lexus.com  for quotes. However, since most of these features are from "XM", you may need to call them as well.

Is that any help?

Paull

Paul, you have a step or two above the complimentary (i.e. free) basic Enform and seem to have confirmed that you have the $265.90/year "Enform Destinations with Safety Connect".  If you are not taking advantage of the Enform "Destinations" human assistance feature, you can get just the Safety Connect part of it for about half of what you are paying and there are modest discounts for multi-year payments.

Enform Destinations seems a lot like the original OnStar product.  One of my uncles - now 90 years old - used to press the OnStar button in his Cadillac almost every time he drove whether or not he really needed an OnStar operator to help him get to his destination - at least that is his daughter's story.  Knowing him, my guess is that he was going to make damned sure that he got his money's worth from the OnStar subscription.