Coolant leaking from charcoal canister at rear

SCWilliams

I just replaced both knock sensors and suspect I reversed some hoses when putting it all back together. Can anyone provide some insight as to what would cause the charcoal canister, located under the gas tank, to leak coolant from the over flow on the charcoal canister?

There are no leaks anywhere on the motor, hoses, water pump nor is anything flowing down a frame rail to the back.

The EVAP canister is located under the gas tank at the rear of the RX300.  Prior to replacing the knock sensors, I had to drain all of the coolant from both the radiator and the engine at both engine block drains.  I have filled the radiator and engine with coolant while the cap was off until it showed full at the cap.  Once the engine warms up, there is a steady stream of coolant leaking out of the overflow drain on the EVAP canister.  I have never seen that happen before nor do I know why it is happening.  We all know that the EVAP is for fuel vapors so I am at a loss why it is leaking coolant.  Like I said before, there is no signs of coolant leaks in any of the hoses nor is there any signs of leaks anywhere in the engine bay or leaks down the frame rails.  I am completely stumped!

• 4 years later...
On 2/26/2016 at 4:20 PM, SCWilliams said:

Nevermind, I figured it out.  As I had suspected, I had reversed two of the hoses, one for the purge and the other was for coolant.  All AOK now.

This happened to me too. Now they want to charge $2k to replace the entire system! Was that necessary for your car or did it work fine after you changed the hoses back? I know this is an old thread but maybe someone will see it and answer and possibly help other people.