98 LS400 Intermittent Blower Motor Problem

Jarebear

I have a problem with my blower motor on my 98 LS400. I noticed that, intermittently, the blower motor will kick down from the speed its at to a very low speed mode. Eventually while I'm driving, it will kick back up to the speed its supposed to be at. When it kicks down, it usually only lasts a few seconds and then goes back up. Anybody have any idea what might be causing this.

I've already seen some discussion on this issue, where some suggest it might be a in-car phone wiring issue. I really don't think this car had any dealer installed phone, but I'm not 100%. There are no left over components from a phone that usually accompanies an old car phone installation. 

Is there any chance this might be a blower motor resister issue? I replaced my blower motor a couple years ago, but not the resister. 

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks. I think on the 98-00 models, all of the relays controlling the fan speed were integrated into one (expensive) component (the resister), so I think the linked thread you suggested MAY be addressing an older model.