Sc400 + Air Field = Drifting

Lexual

hehehe :P well i just went out with some local 240sx guys that have found an Abandoned airfield. What fun, got to do a little bit of drifting and alot of spinning around, the sc drifts really smooth compared to the 240sx's could be because we are balanced so much better. any way what a blast, i know this isnt somthing most sc owners go do but it was defitentaly worth it

On a side note: I got one of my SC300's to 152 MPH yesterday. Did so on a 5% down-sloped stretch of Loop 360 in beautiful Austin, TX. I'm SO close to breaking my all-time top speed of 160 MPH (and dying, too :} ). Wish me luck!

You can drift with an Auto..trust me.  Must be easier with the 8 with all the low end torque.  You just have to learn how to manipulate the throttle and the tranny will do whatever you want

by mainpulate he means go go go turn hard floor the gas let the car spin loose and keep control :P

just keep it in 2nd and well you can go above 50mph and thats fast enough. just turn and then turn the other way to get the weight of the car to shift and well step on the gas to spin tire but not enough to spin out.

dont worry, i didnt directly link the URL so you have to actually go to the page to D/L it

Stock UZZ32 Soarer Cornering (only 474kB) A stock UZZ32 Soarer with stock 16 inch wheels and tyres is an amazing car from the Factory. With Toyota Active Suspension and 4 Wheel steer, anti lock brakes and traction control with yaw sensors, height sensors and acceleration sensors, it is one of the safest and easiest cars to drive. A limited edition of only 873 ultra expensive models limited to the Japanese domestic market with 700 of them manufactured in 1991. Body roll is virtually non existent.

Thats good to hear the sc400 was so easy to drift for you. I saw the drifting topic and couldn't resist, hope you don't mind. :D I just raced my 2.5TT Soarer(5sp w /2-way diff) for the first time a couple weeks ago and I couldn't get over how easy it was to drift. I've been used to driving/racing/drifting AE86's for the last 3 years now, and was a little worried about how the soarer would drive. Luckily to my surprise it handled better than my AE86 did and with the extra power of the TT helped me do things I could never do before. I was too worried about the weight of the car honestly, especially at this Ebisu circuit Minami track, but she was extremely agile and from what I was told looked very sexy sliding across the track. My friend took some video of the event and has promised me a copy of it when he gets back from Okinawa this weekend, looking forward to seeing what it will look like. The icing on the cake was qualifying for the best of 16 in my class at the Battle Magazine competition that day. Didn't make it past that round, but it was fun trying. After that day at the track I was definitely sold on the Soarer. In fact it made me sell my AE86 and all of my spare parts as well, so I could concentrate all my fund on the Soarer now. If your interested I'll try to post the video when my friend get done with it.

Hey Carlos what kind of suspension you running? And what are the specs on your wheels in your avatar? It looks great Btw! Funny thing is I just sold my Ae86 as well so I could concentrate on the Soarer. I want a bike though for daily driving.

The sus I'm using is an old set of JIC (silver) Coilovers, gonna replace it with a new set of coilovers this spring. The wheels are 18" Work Meisters 9J and 10J about +25 offset. Do you miss your AE86? I don't miss mine... :D hehehe. Anyways driving this car has been the greatest. I will be putting in a 6pt rollcage in it in the next couple weeks, so l'm looking forward to seeing how that stiffens up the already stiff chassis. It should make things faster (car movement that is) and less sloppy (not that there is too much slop to begin with). Other than the rollbar I have no chassis braces yet, though I do want front and rear tower bars. The funny thing was this was supposed to be my daily driver and the AE86 was supposed to remain my race car... my how things do change. We are searching for a DV camera now as my friend was borrowing our friends camera and our friend took his camera back so until we find a camera to pull the video I won't be able to post the video. Hopefully within the week or next I should have something, sorry for the delays.

I wish i could take my soarer to mainland where there actually is an aftermarket for em. Okinawa is all Nissan. 180, R32, and those nasty !Removed! Laurels. The bosozoku all use the bikes...no cars really. But anyways...let me know if you can get some braces locally cause i know i cant get any down here. I know i could mail-order, but thats a pain

Thats good to hear the sc400 was so easy to drift for you.  I saw the drifting topic and couldn't resist, hope you don't mind.  :D  I just raced my 2.5TT Soarer(5sp w /2-way diff)  for the first time a couple weeks ago and I couldn't get over how easy it was to drift. I've been used to driving/racing/drifting AE86's for the last 3 years  now, and was a little worried about how the soarer would drive. Luckily to my surprise it handled better than my AE86 did and with the extra power of the TT helped me do things I could never do before. I was too worried about the weight of the car honestly, especially at this Ebisu circuit Minami track, but she was extremely agile and from what I was told looked very sexy sliding across the track. My friend took some video of the event and has promised me a copy of it when he gets back from Okinawa this weekend, looking forward to seeing what it will look like. The icing on the cake was qualifying for the best of 16 in my class at the Battle Magazine competition that day.  Didn't make it past that round, but it was fun trying. After that day at the track I was definitely sold on the Soarer. In fact it made me sell my AE86 and all of my spare parts as well, so I could concentrate all my fund on the Soarer now.  If your interested I'll try to post the video when my friend get done with it.

Don't you run with the Society guys? I think I read all about this on ziptied. It is really cool you did well your first time out. A shame you had a bunch of problems though. Would you post some bigger pics of your car so all these high offset lovers can see the hotness of flush wheels, please? Actually, I just want to see pics of your car.

neil

Hahah...yeah I used to miss my 86. But now, I can say it's better this way. I even got a chance to get an EK4 all TEIN'd out. But I think I'm gonna pass. For now I'm gonna have to settle sliding on wet parking lots until everything is tuned right.

Do they make Strut tower bars for the REAR on Soarers?!? I saw the JIC-Magic only carries the Front, same goes for CUSCO. Who makes the REAR?