Lexus Is 350 awd in Germany

I know but my head mechanic told me because of the bus error he cant reload the newest  software on the car and cant install the new sd card. The sd card which came with the car i don't have and the guy where i bought it also don't have it. My mechanic ordered a new navigation radio unit to check out if that is the problem. I bought a new sd card for my car for 900 dollars herer at the dealer and the car won't read it. Fu.k.

I dont know what happened to the card, the dealer said bought it without it. 

But that is not possible that the car can just work with the original card and not with a new one. Or you can reprogram the new card to the car and thr navigation system, if thar is not possible that will be my last lexus. No Bmw or mercedes i had had such a problem with the navigation system. I am sad about that. I will wait for the next and see what happened if my dealer has the new unit at the shop. But there can ve the next problem, the german law says that the dealer where i bought it has to fix my car but he don't have to use new parts, and if the navigation unit or the card cannot be reprogrammed, so in this way the car never can be used again without using a new unit woth new sd card.

Oh 900 dollars is a lot, but lexus likes to steal the money from us here in germany, if you are not a Millionair you cant do a big service with changing all brake pads and discs, i had a example for my old gs 450h here at the official lexus station about 2000 euro. So i do the service at lexus but parts and everything i go to a free mechanic becauae dont want to give all my money to lexus.

I guess the navigation system was one of the risks buying an imported car - that being said you wouldn't expect the whole system to die completely like this. Hopefully it won't put you off another Lexus - maybe an import though as the lack of warranty is clearly frustrating!

Could not be true that the navigation system of imported cars wont work over here. Thousansmds of us cars are driving around here, dodge, ford, also imported lexus that work. I just can wait what's going on the next week.

• 3 weeks later...

So now the Lexus runs again. The main unit had a defect. The mechanic says seems that the dealer where i bought it did something wrong to the software and he reprogramed the navigation system i have qll the diagnostic reports. The first one with the broken unit don't shows the navigation system in the diagnostic report. The second report shows the navigation system with the new main unit in the diagnostic report. So on monday it is on to go to a lawyer because the seller, a import dealer, don' t answer the post cards, email, calls etc. And there is a bill to pay about 8700 euro, something like more than 9000$. And that bill i won't pay for a car with one year warranty. Until i don't got the OK from the lawyer i can't take the car outta the lexus shop. 

I don't know who people like the seller of the is can sleep good at night, sellin a car to a family with 3 kids with such a lot of problems and defects. 

Hope to get outta that problem without payin the bill.

IMG_20160506_113539.jpg

IMG_20160506_113545.jpg

Yes it is just the unit. The head mechanic told me that thos unit is like the brain of the car. It manages the music, the navigation, the radio, the usb, aux, digital diameter etc.

Have to wait what the lawyer will tell me the next week. I wanna get my car back as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

So now 1 positive news i will get the car back repaired on wednesday. I have ro pay 9000 euro for all. Then i have to go to the court soon to get my money back from the bad dealer. No good story til now with my is 350

On 5/20/2016 at 5:36 PM, DonDille said:

So now 1 positive news i will get the car back repaired on wednesday. I have ro pay 9000 euro for all. Then i have to go to the court soon to get my money back from the bad dealer. No good story til now with my is 350

That's crazy money. At least you have the car back now though. Do you finally have a working German/European navigation unit too or still not?

By the way, I'm driving over to Germany on Friday!

10 hours ago, DonDille said:

No still the canadian navigation. But i dont care about that. Germany is small. Where are you going down in germany ?

I'm visiting a friend who lives in a town on the outskirts of Hanover, and we're also probably going to drive over to Berlin for a day too. Where are you in Germany?

Yes i got it washed ;-) and a free coke and a coffee. This lexus dealer is very very good. And all normal parts are cheap.a new programmed key for example just for 200 euro.

I live  near the air base in Ramstein, Kaiserslautern. Far away from Berlin. 8 hours in the car, sorry to far away for a visit, or you come down and we do dominican barbeque with my family

24 minutes ago, DonDille said:

Yes i got it washed ;-) and a free coke and a coffee. This lexus dealer is very very good. And all normal parts are cheap.a new programmed key for example just for 200 euro.

I live  near the air base in Ramstein, Kaiserslautern. Far away from Berlin. 8 hours in the car, sorry to far away for a visit, or you come down and we do dominican barbeque with my family

Yeah that's a bit of trek from Hanover or Berlin, but thanks for the kind offer though! :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey james did you enjoyed germany ? 

My is 350 is now runnin without problems.The last diagnostic report after 900 miles is positive. No errors no updates and now i need 1 liter less gas then befor now it runs with 10,7 litera in 100km.

On 6/10/2016 at 10:35 PM, DonDille said:

Hey james did you enjoyed germany ? 

My is 350 is now runnin without problems.The last diagnostic report after 900 miles is positive. No errors no updates and now i need 1 liter less gas then befor now it runs with 10,7 litera in 100km.

Glad to hear the car is now running OK. Any luck getting your money back?

Germany was fun - lots of driving though. More than 1500 miles (2400 km) in 6 days. Pretty much drove the full length of the A2 - that's a long bit of autobahn.

Maybe i will get the money back. It's gettin down to the judge in a few months. 

Yes the A6 is long. I will go in july on a long trip to austria and the to bavaria to family people which are makin wine. I dont think they even know Lexus ;-)

7 minutes ago, DonDille said:

Maybe i will get the money back. It's gettin down to the judge in a few months. 

Yes the A6 is long. I will go in july on a long trip to austria and the to bavaria to family people which are makin wine. I dont think they even know Lexus ;-)

Fingers crossed you get it back.

The IS250 did very well on fuel too - returning around 7 litres per 100km or just under. I also managed to bring pack a nice selection of currywurst in a cool box so they are now in my freezer ready for a BBQ over summer :)

I understand that. My brother in law from the dominican republic bought 4 lbs sausages here currywurst and a type of sausage called Lyoner that is still famous where i live and brought it back. And niw every time i go to the dominican now it is not "bring me clothes or jordans" now it is " bring me sausages".

I love Hamburgers and american food, but the german currywurst is unique the taste of it. 

Hopr to get the moneyback, got a credit now about 12000 dollars just for the reparation and the lawyer. It takes about a year to go to the court here.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anybody tell me the size of the brake discs and the brake pads of the is 350 awd. Is there a difference between us and canada spec ? I want to put on ebc brakes when the originals are gone.