Got My Fiance's New Prius!

SW03ES

Well we got back from picking up my fiance's new Prius in WV yesterday! Long trip, 400 miles each way but we had fun coming back, took walkie talkies and everything.

Here are both the cars at the hotel yesterday morning:

Prisupic1.jpg

Priuspic7.jpg

Here we are yesterday afternoon stopped at the coin-op to spray off the bugs we picked up on the way home. I'm in the distance doing something, vacuuming I think...

Priuspic8.jpg

And here are some pics after I detailed it today, clayed, polished and sealed with Wolfgang. Going to do 2 or so more coats of Wolfgang then top it with #16.

Priuspic3.jpg

Priuspic5.jpg

Priuspic6.jpg

Priuspic2.jpg

Enjoy!

Very cool!!! B) Tell us some more about the car...features? Is that a nav? I love the color!! What kind of mileage will you be getting? Is it slow? Your detailing job looks great! :D

:cheers:

Its definately a weird looking little car but its very cool.

Features? It has features only the LS430 has! I'll mark features my ES does not have that it has with an *

Smart entry (keyless entry and start) *

Voice activated navigation (you tell it where to go) *

Bluetooth phone connectivity *

Steering wheel controls for everything, including nav *

Bi-Xenon headlamps (where the highs are Xenon too, even the LS430 doesn't have this) *

Automatic climate control (not dual zoned)

LED tailights *

Pseudo suede interior (very nice, no leather as the car is "eco friendly", much nicer than plain old ordinary cloth)

Fully digital instruments

12 speaker JBL audio system (quite good, not as good as the ML)

Auto dimming mirror (only the rearview not the sides) with homelink.

Plus the hybrid engine which is great, the gas only runs to charge the battery and for hard acceleration, moving around parking lots and the driveway it is totally electronic, and silent. Its funny to creep up on people they don't know the car is there. On the way back she got about 45MPG and I got about 27, going the same speeds. Its pretty quick, and the engine transition is seamless, its about as fast as something like a Corolla.

And the price was $26,000 out the door as they are sales tax exempt! My ES for comparison was $39,670 plus tax and the Prius has several features only found on the LS430.

Of course the quality feel isn't quite as high as on the Lexus. Some of the plastics are downright cheap inside (upper dashboard and door panels, steering wheel center) which they have to be because of the price to features ratio. Its also not as stable at speed nor nearly as quiet and smooth. It has me very excited to see the Lexus hybrids when they come out...

Looks good. The hybrid engine sounds like it works out great. Some very nice amenities too. I just can't past the exterior styling. I don't understand why these car companies can't create a hybrid or eco-friendly car that looks great?

Looks good though. How much room inside is there?

The styling must work, they have 8-12 month waiting lists on these things, some dealers are asking as much as $15,000 over sticker...

It has as much room to a little more room than my ES, so its the same amount of room as a standard midsized sedan.

I like the color. Very futuristic looking......I like that, too.

Good luck with it.

Is that your fiance sitting in it (second pic)?

And is that you butt hanging out of your car at the car wash..... :lol: :D

steviej

Steve,

Just read a long term review review of the Prius, which featured a number of reviewers' comments. One guy had taken it on a long trip and found that there wasn't enough lateral support in driver's seat and found his back hurting. Were you in it enough to determine a reaction to the seat?

Kudos for going green! The thought of a hybrid is very appealling to me since I drive so much. I wish all manufacturers were as serious as Toyota about Hybrids. Honda's entry was more of a novelty and was seriously lacking in the style department.

Unfortunately it seems like the Oil companies have the american auto makers by the balls so that they can only produce the largest gas guzzeling SUVs & cars on the planet.

I too am excited about the Lexus hybrid. I hope that they have a great success with it and that it proves to be as reliable as their other powerplants. I would like to see a hybrid option in more of their cars (and more cars in general).

What kind of HP does the Prius have?

Does it have the same (or similar warranty as the Corolla or other new Toyotas?

Where do you plug it in? (just kidding ;) )

Steve- yep thats her sitting in it, and thats my butt LOL

jw- I heard the same thing about the seats from some people. I haven't ridden in/driven it long enough to tell about the support, but my fiance found it comfortable

bran- I think its combined like 130hp, same warranty as Toyota (3 years 36k) but all the hybrid components (batteries, motor etc) are fully covered for 8 years unlimited mileage.

• 11 months later...
Steve- yep thats her sitting in it, and thats my butt LOL

jw- I heard the same thing about the seats from some people. I haven't ridden in/driven it long enough to tell about the support, but my fiance found it comfortable

bran- I think its combined like 130hp, same warranty as Toyota (3 years 36k) but all the hybrid components (batteries, motor etc) are fully covered for 8 years unlimited mileage.

GEE, The Least they could have done is FILL it UP for you. :pirate:

When I saw the 7 miles on the ODOMETER, and LOW on the Gauge, my question pop'd into my mind.... Lexus of Serramonte gave me a FULL Tank of Gas on each of the three Lexus vehicles I have purchased from them and I thought it very Reasonable for Toyota to hand you the keys and a full tank of gas.

When I saw the 7 miles on the ODOMETER, and LOW on the Gauge, my question pop'd into my mind....  Lexus of Serramonte gave me a FULL Tank of Gas on each of the three Lexus vehicles I have purchased from them and I thought it very Reasonable for Toyota to hand you the keys and a full tank of gas.

Holy old thread batman!

the reason why you sometimes get a brand new car without a full tank of gas is that these cars sit for a long time sontimes, and occasionally for a very long time. gas goes bad. however, in the prep to sell, while you are signing the paperwork, it shoul dbe filled up.

the other reaosn is that gas has weight, and cars cost more to ship the heavier they are. and its really not safe to ship a car with too much gasonline in the tank.

I forget why they didn't, I think we arrived as they were headed out to fill it up and we declined and they gave us a credit. It was over a year ago, I dont remember.

Sienna- You're getting one? Cool!

I forget why they didn't, I think we arrived as they were headed out to fill it up and we declined and they gave us a credit. It was over a year ago, I dont remember.

Sienna- You're getting one? Cool!

Yep, ordered it last week, so it should be arriving in 2~3 weeks. :)

She does mostly city and gets in the upper 40s for mileage. 60's a pipe dream, although people do get that mileage but you have to drive it just right, not use the A/C etc.

It has about 5200 miles on it.

She does mostly city and gets in the upper 40s for mileage. 60's a pipe dream, although people do get that mileage but you have to drive it just right, not use the A/C etc.

It has about 5200 miles on it.

So overall, how many miles would you say per tank? 400 - 450? :unsure:

:cheers: