Keyless Entry Problem

I have a '94 Lexus SC300 and I'm missing the master key, but I noticed that the key that I do have has a button to unlock the doors remotely. It didn't work, so I replaced the battery, but it still doesn't work. I tried turning on the switch under the dashboard, but it still does nothing. I don't really want to go to a dealer to get a master key if I can help it, so is there something special I can do to get the valet key to remotely unlock the doors? I finally managed to get the trunk to open a few hours ago by taking apart the dash and pressing the secret button. I'm hoping there is a secret button for this one, too.

• 1 month later...

I assumed it wasn't the master because when I use it on the trunk, it goes in most of the way, but it doesn't turn. The drawing of the master key in the manual does resemble it, though. My dad looked at the key and fixed the transponder, and we confirmed that it worked by tuning in to 94.9 FM and hearing the tone when the button on the key was pressed. So we know it's sending a signal, but the doors still won't unlock remotely. I tried reprogramming it, but the car provides no feedback at all, so I don't know if I'm doing it right or wrong. Do you know where the receiver is located in the car?

I do not know where it is in an SC. LS is in the trunk, if I remember right its on the left side, and may share the cars antenna, since there is 2 cables that go to it. Not real sure. I'm not sure of a way to reprogram the key, it should be possible since if you got a new one there would have to be a way to do it.

That's interesting because the stock antenna doesn't work and somebody had installed an alternative radio receiver so that the radio could work. Also the stock antenna doesn't go up and down, but there is a motor that runs for several seconds after I turn off the car. I will have to check into that further, thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...