cudedog

Which struts for 2000 Lexus RX 300

Replacing all four struts. What would be a good choice. Looking for soft ride. 

The general strut of choice are KYB's however they are too stiff for some.?  They are supposed to be like the Original equipment ones, I have used them on the RX300 and found they ride great.  Others have used Monroe and been happy.  The Monroe's are cheaper cost wise.  

I changed mines with the KYB's. I am really satisfied. Comfort as always and much better ride and control. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BeachBumForever
      2003 ES300 - 209,000 miles
      I have developed a "clunk" that seems to be coming from the passenger side trunk area when hitting a pothole or pavement change. First thought is a strut or mount going/gone bad so will probably replace all 4 struts. Need suggestions on whether to use OEM parts or aftermarket parts and sources. I prefer a smooth ride versus performance handling. Suggestions on the parts and process appreciated. Should the struts be replaced BEFORE or AFTER a full alignment? The work will be done by a shop, not by yours truly.
    • By Strappedforkash
      I'm ordering KYB GR-2/Excel-G's for replacement on my 2006 ES330 that has AVS .  I am replacing the mounts as well. 

1) Is there any reason to replace the coil spring insulators and the front coil spring seats?  

2) Does anyone sell the KYB Excel-G's fully loaded with springs for the ES330? I haven't found them. (They do show them for 2006 Camry)

3) Will the 2006 Camry KYB excel-G fully loaded application work on the 2006 ES330?  If so, do they need to be ordered for the 4 or 6 cylinder?  They show different part numbers.

Thanks.
    • By wineluver
      Re-posting 
      I have a 07 es350 with 155k and recently replaced the front struts, with the rear getting done next few weeks. Turns out i waited to long and all 4 tires were cupped. Driving out off the shop and onto a freeway had vibration coming from front and steering wheel, so replaced the front tires with two good spares ( that were mildly cupped), same brand and model, and vibration gone. Now I have the same issue OBwan had,  a slight vibration felt in the seat (not through the steering wheel)from 45mph and up that does not increase with speed, but goes away around 60mph. Also there when turning at speed, as when entering on-ramps etc. Although the rear tires are also cupped, I left them on until I can replace rear struts, then i will get a new set of four tires. My concern is that I read that the es350 has had front axle issues and I am worried that is what is causing the vibration. A. should i be concerned? B. can putting the car on a lift for visual inspection spot this issue? (concerned an enterprising mechanic will just tell me i need new axles, bad or not. Can you replace just one?) C. if it is an axle any recommendation on after market brand? At this point my plan was to first replace rear struts, then buy new set of Conti Pure Contacts, and if vibration persists, replace one or both axles. Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is getting expensive!
    • By WWN
      My 03 ES300 has been an excellent car since I bought it as the second owner in 2006--it has 168,000 miles on the clock. Recently the ride has gradually become rougher when I drive over cracks and bumps, although overall handling and quietness remain unchanged. The tires are fairly new Michelin Primacies in good condition. There is no fluid leakage or suspension sag. My question is, What is the immediate cause likely to be? Struts/shocks, rubber mountings, bushings, or other components I'm unaware of? I'm hoping to economize and repair only what's necessary, although I realize that this may not be possible. At present, I'm not sure I will be keeping the car for years into the future. Thanks for your help!
    • By Lexus562
      I took it to the mechanic and he changed out all my struts when I took it back home ABS light turned on. Took it to Toyota they said at all my speed sensors were fine but it might be my module I got a used but working module still didn't work any hints or answers ?