2009 ES 350 Wiring harness (wiring question)

gazamon

Hi all,

I had a rat (a now very unlucky rat) chew through a wire that connects to my wiring harness and i'm hoping that someone on this forum can  answer a couple of questions for me. 

1.) Can i order this part and what is the part # and part called?

2.) Would it be advisable for this part to be user replaced?

I've had this happen to me before so i am familiar with the symptoms which cause the Check engine and VSC lights to come on and when the car starts there are some misfires. I've been able to splice the wire so that the lights and misfires stop however i would not feel safe driving it around without first correcting the problem. I've attached a couple of pictures that show the wire that was chewed through. Any help is appreciated. pic_2.thumb.png.3dfdd98f6b27dc8c7d24decbpic_3.thumb.png.2fdda763db615c63e0bf1c8ePic1.thumb.png.4247725ffe97162e22a0d502d

• 3 weeks later...

gaszamon,

That wiring is to one of your fuel injectors and should be perfectly fine to be fixed, without replacing the entire harness, which will not be cheap!

The key is to use the same gauge wire as Toyota did and solder the connections and then use a shrink wrap on the repair. If you find there isn't enough wire at the connector to make a proper repair, then get to a wrecker and cut off the last 6 inches including the connector from a wreck for the same generation as your car, and splice than into your original harness.

I went through this a year ago on my diesel dually. Mice made a nest under the fuse box in the engine compartment and chewed through 14 wires. After the repair, all is again well with the world. Unfortunately in my case it took 5 hours at $138 and hour to find the 14 chewed wires, hidden as they were, and just 1.5 to fix it. Good Luck!